Don't assume...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Me: score?
DW: 2-4
Me: are we winning
DW: yes
Later on
DW: losing 4-5
Me: how are we losing if we have 5 and they have 4
DW: they have 5
Me: that would be 5-4
( uggggggggg )

In your wife's defense whenever I text a score to my wife, I always text our score first, so 4-5 would mean we are losing by one run, 5-4 would mean we are winning by one run.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Yeah exactly...we just celebrated 20 years last month...he should be able to read my mind by now.

Good luck with that. Based on my own experience with my DW (and previously, with my test-wife), I'm guessing he's not much closer to being able to read your mind now than he was 20 years ago.

This might help to explain the situation...
menaresimple.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2010
In your face
In your wife's defense whenever I text a score to my wife, I always text our score first, so 4-5 would mean we are losing by one run, 5-4 would mean we are winning by one run.

When the wife couldn't make a game she always told me she can tell if we are winning just by how fast I text back. Winning was immediate, losing was a long wait.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
LMAO! That is hysterical. Snapshot of DH's texts (I gave up asking for details):

View attachment 8504View attachment 8505

You do seem to have a valid point so I take back my prior post! If this were a case of a kid with a potentially flawed swing, I'd suggest posting video so we could critique and help; however, based on what you've posted, I don't think there's much we could do to help! IME, there are no magical changes between the 20 and 30th anniversaries so continuing with the default "Thanks for the text updates, Hunny Bunny" is probably the best way to handle this.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
I will NOT make fun of anyone else's text.
I am still pretty ignorant of the game, to the point where my own texts wouldn't be much better.
DW is much worse, but has finally learned that DD's new pitch is called a curve rather than a curl.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez