Dimple Balls

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
From the topic name I thought this was another one of those My dd maimed me and I need to buy catchers gear threads.

Please provide a warning in the future when choosing to post this kind of response. BTW, anyone have a link for cleaning orange juice from keyboards and monitors?

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
No standard specs for BP dimple balls - some are much harder/denser (i.e., higher compression values) than regular softballs and seriously shorten the life of any bat, composite or metal.

Dec 7, 2011
DD & I swear by using a heavier Anderson RT for practice & such. Then ya don't got to worry about that. Then I swear that when she is in real play and she uses her CF5 Insane that she is more lethal given it is lighter. I can't say enough about this combination.

My 2 cents.

Oct 19, 2009
That's why I buy a few $30 practice bats from Closeoutbats.com. Save the expensive bats for the games.

I was actually looking for some good wooden bats to use in the cage but couldn't find any in the same weight range our kids are swinging (18-23 oz).

Dec 11, 2010
I like the atec supersoft dimple balls.

Less harsh on the bats especially when it's cooler out.

At least for the winter we are finally 100% rocketech at the WW Hitting Facility, (my machine shed). Younger dd just moved up to a 31" from a 30 and older one traded her 32 cf5 for a 33rt. They take a licking and keep on ripping, and I don't have to replace it every 7-10 months.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Like other posters have stated my DD has 2 bats. 1 is an inexpensive bat and a composite bat.

As a general rule she uses her inexpensive bat in cages when it is machine pitch. If they are only doing something like front toss in the tunnel she will usually use her composite bat.

If she is fighting for a position she is using her composite bat regardless of what is pitching at her.

What concerned me was when I heard the MS coach was using her composite bat for fielding practice. I think a person significantly bigger then DD swinging her bat has a better chance of breaking it then the dimpled balls. No facts to back me up but keep your DD’s bat out of the adults hands.

Dec 11, 2010
Quincy- agree with you, hate to see a coach grab that good composite bat. I wince every time.

got a funny story about that, one of the dads on local team was always carrying on about the brand of bat his daughter swung. (A good brand no doubt.) He grabbed dd's 30" 07 RT one night to hit fly balls, the first two he hit with it went sailing over the girls heads and cleared the fence by 20 feet. Must have hit the sweet spot perfect both times. "That's a good bat!" He says. It was a hoot.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse