Difference between LXT and Zeno

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
The database was created so people would have an idea about what they were actually getting. It seems to be doing it's job pretty well. ;)

Jun 19, 2016
According to a Wilson representative I spoke to, the difference between the LXT and the Xeno is the connection between the handle and the barrel. I went to a Wilson demo hoping to let my young daughter try some high end bats but he didn't bring any short bats. So I took a 32 -11 LXT, Xeno, and CF9 into the cage and hit a few rounds against those awful dimpled balls. My daughter is pretty vibration resistant so I wanted to see how they felt. In my opinion the LXT had the biggest sweet spot and the least vibration. It was also noticeably quieter than the Xeno. I do not necessarily think that is an advantage or a disadvantage...it was just something I noticed.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
You didnt need a rep for that info :). Just read the descriptions on the bats which is prob what he did. And actually, if the rep knew a little
more like he should, he would have told you the whole barrel is different between the Xeno and LXT in the '17 models. Hence, why the LXT is more quiet as well.

The LXT was built to be way diff than the Xeno. The Xeno is a typical 2 piece feel while the LXT has a more stiff/solid feel to it.

Aug 30, 2014
Central Ohio
The database was created so people would have an idea about what they were actually getting. It seems to be doing it's job pretty well. ;)

Yes and it works perfectly. Thanks Eric for all the work in doing it. I wanted an actual 32/22 for my daughter so bought the 32/21 so it weighed pretty darn close to 22 ounces. With out your work I would have bought 32/22 and would have ended up heavier then what I was actually looking for.

Thanks again

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Yes and it works perfectly. Thanks Eric for all the work in doing it. I wanted an actual 32/22 for my daughter so bought the 32/21 so it weighed pretty darn close to 22 ounces. With out your work I would have bought 32/22 and would have ended up heavier then what I was actually looking for.

Thanks again

I appreciate the kind words, but the real work is done by the multitude of people who contribute their bat data to me. All I have to do is compile it in a user-friendly way. The biggest credit goes to Core. Every time he gets a shipment of new-model bats, he takes the time to weigh every bat (I think the 2017 LS shipment was well over 20 bats), and send me the results. There reality is that he probably has put in more time on collecting the data than I have in posting it.