Desire to play college ball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2011
We've heard from the FSU and UGA defenders, but there's no love here for UNC or ND? LOL

Okay, I'll bite. Not sure what ND did wrong? I might be missing something, but it seems to me that the institution acted with integrity when it learned that a few individual football players committed academic fraud. Not sure how that's even comparable to NC or FSU. Go Irish!!

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
How is anyone even surprised at any D1 Basketball or Football program that has some sort of Academic scandal or legal/recruiting trouble? Do we really believe that most of these programs are there to offer a real education? They are there to put butts in the seats, sell merchandise and keep the boosters happy. The vast majority of them will do this by any means necessary.

I'm more surprised when I see a top level athlete make it through college and come out the other end actually educated.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
This article was linked in the one OILF posted. College lacrosse coaches talk about why they prefer multi-sport athletes. College Lacrosse Coaches Sound Off on Multi-Sport Participation

What if anything does this have to do with softball? Lacrosse is a world away from softball in so many respects.

FWIW - Just got back from FSU. In that part of the world if they have the goods they really do not care how many sports they play. "We recruit athletes." Until I put it into context they thought it was a strange question.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi