DD used her new 2014 Xeno

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 11, 2012
DD used her brand new 2014 Xeno, right out of the package, last night in a big rival HS game and was hitting rockets with it. The new Xeno performance was really impressive, enough to prompt some dads into asking where to get them now....of course she has hit plenty of those "rockets" without it too and it's the "archer not the arrow" I get that and agree....and I know that all bats aren't suppose to exceed 98 mph and I'm sure for the most part they don't....but it just seems the ball jumps off that brand faster than Worth or Easton products.....and I haven't seen too many Miken, Nike, Combat or Mizuno's being used around here though....but it would hard to imagine anything performing better than the new Xeno....

)

Jun 11, 2012
DD's new purple Xeno was delivered about 45 minutes ago and she's patiently (well not really) waiting for Dad to get home so he can soft toss her some balls. First tournament with the new team is this weekend so she's very excited.

Mar 28, 2013
One of my Daughters team members got the new 2014 xeno because the last one broke in half at nationals, she is a slapper. unwrapped the new one on Friday played a tournament last weekend. was practicing soft toss on tues and it shattered. I would not spend my money on one personally.Ive personally seen about five of last years models break.thought they would have fixed it for 2014 but it does not look like it.

Jul 26, 2010
I used to get the best bat, now I just get what everyone else is using, sets an even field so I know how good she is. Seems to be the CF whatever at the moment.

-W

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
They have quality issues, but why fix it when people keep buying them.:p

While I am sure Louisville Sluggers profit margin on bats is high, they lost a lot of money on the OneX recall, having to replace every single one of them with a new 2014 Xeno...and eating the shipping costs.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
One of my players sent a text this morning, excited about her new purple xeno... we'll put it to the test tomorrow afternoon in the cage and see.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Our team was lucky enough to play in a "Bat Wars" tournament this past season. They set up portable/inflatable batting cages on an empty field and let all of the girls hit the complete line-up of new bats from Easton, Worth and LS. DD loved the new Xeno's feel the best.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
They have quality issues, but why fix it when people keep buying them.:p

As posted above, we went to a "Bat Wars" tournament earlier this year. Our CF, who is by no means a power hitter, swung a brand new Xeno straight out of the wrapper. First pitch, swing and hit, the barrel seperated from the handle and went flying. Pretty embarrassing for the LS rep if you ask me.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
While I am sure Louisville Sluggers profit margin on bats is high, they lost a lot of money on the OneX recall, having to replace every single one of them with a new 2014 Xeno...and eating the shipping costs.

Acutally, they replaced every OneX with an LXT and gave you a 2013 Xeno for free. The only down side is the LXT's didn't begin to ship until August. That's why they provided the free 2013 Xeno.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors