DD needs some new cleats...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Ringor. They have youth cleats now and some are on close out for $20.

Diamond Spark Youth Molded Softball Cleats | Ringor Fastpitch Softball

That is a great deal if the sizing works....

If not, Mizuno, Under Armor, Nike all make decent and inexpensive cleats.

Online - remember Mizuno sizes small so +1.5 size to what she normally wears.

Softballsavings.com, softball.com and homerunmonkey.com always have good deals on cleats. I wouldn't spend anymore than $30 on cleats at this age and would prefer to be closer to $20

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Your options will have a lot to do with the size of your DD's foot. My kid has always had big flippers (women's 5-1/2 at 8yo), which opened up the world of adult models. Of the current models I'm seeing on my DD's 12U team, I'm blown away by how light the UA Spine and New Balance cleats are. My DD is wearing the UA Spine Mid (it's a men's model, actually), and loves them.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
At least for my DD the Mizuno molded seemed to last longer than Nike or Under Armour.

Honestly, this has never been an issue for us until now. My DD's feet have grown so quickly that she has never really worn out a pair until her most recent ones.

Oct 16, 2014
we like Under Armor or Nike, $30 range. Not too worried about long lasting because my kids feet grow like weeds and the cleats stink so bad half way through Spring we end up buying a second pair by June

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
For a 9 year old, buy whatever's cheap. They outgrow them so fast at that age, you probably will only need to get one season out of them in any case. We always bought Ringors and ended up handing them down to smaller players when the girls outgrew them. Ringors last forever.