DD brag post

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 24, 2013
Bolingbrook, IL
End of the season 12u rec tournament. We are #7 seed playing #2 seed to either go home or go to the finals.
All of our local rec rules still apply (time limit, 6 run rule all innings).

Top of the 6th almost at time limit, we scored a couple runs and are up by 6. Need to get to a 7 run lead to be unreachable. DD is up with 1 out and runners on 2nd and 3rd. She has crushed the ball all season, except for the last 4 games where she is hitting A LOT of popups. First pitch, she sky highs one far down the LF line. Foul ball.

Opposing coach calls time and calls his infield in. He switches to put a better fielder in LF. While they are conferencing, DD comes over to me and says "Can I bunt?" I looked at her like she just sprouted another head or something. She says "Come on mom, I can lay down a bunt, they will play to 1 and we will score the 7th run." I said "ok, get it down." She puts the bat out to bunt, pitch comes in high and she still laid down the most perfect bunt between pitcher and 3b I have ever seen. Caught everyone off guard. The runner on 3 was going as soon as she saw her put it down. Perfect safety squeeze. 7 run lead, we win!

I think the opposing coaches chins hit the dirt. I was so proud of DD. She has such great game sense and the skills to match it. (and I did admit to everybody congratulating me on that play that it was 1000% her idea.)

Proud coach-mom!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1