Could this end with an offer??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
My husband and I think they will probably make an offer at the end of the visit, but this is all new to us. I'm curious what some of the experts on this board think.

Given the situation you describe, I think your visit will end in an offer....BUT do not get your DD so pumped up that she will be heartbroken if an offer is not made. Downplay it to her, so the offer will be a pleasant surprise if it happens.

longball00

Softball is my obsession
Apr 8, 2014
Willoughby, Ohio
Just as JAD stated above, it sounds like an offer situation, but don't expect the end of the world if it doesn't come. Just our experience with our DD, she had an Unofficial visit to one school that we thought for sure was going to make an offer, but ended without one. They still came out and watched a bunch of games after, and kept the recruiting going. Another school offered her on the spot at an ODM event, and the unofficial visit was the following week due to distance (10.5 hours one way)

Jun 3, 2015
This is the big weekend..We head out tonight for the visit, so we'll see what happens. She gets to audit a couple classes, tour the school, talk to admissions, have lunch with the coaches, work out with the team and the coaches have invited us to dinner, which is a first for us. Is it ok to ask to go on the tour?

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
This is the big weekend..We head out tonight for the visit, so we'll see what happens. She gets to audit a couple classes, tour the school, talk to admissions, have lunch with the coaches, work out with the team and the coaches have invited us to dinner, which is a first for us. Is it ok to ask to go on the tour?

Good luck! Please let us know how it goes. DW and have gone on every tour my DD has done, but we let her walk with the coaches and we just hang back and let them do their thing.

Nov 25, 2012
USA

Yes, best of luck this weekend!! Keep us posted when you return how things went.:D

Jun 3, 2015
The weekend went well and she got an offer to play. She loves the school, coaches and team. My daughter has a couple more visits lined up, so she didn't accept it yet. We really feel she will, but she needs to see these other schools. The coaches understand and are in no rush for her answer. She is super excited!!

Nov 25, 2012
USA
the weekend went well and she got an offer to play. She loves the school, coaches and team. My daughter has a couple more visits lined up, so she didn't accept it yet. We really feel she will, but she needs to see these other schools. The coaches understand and are in no rush for her answer. She is super excited!!

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad