Concession stands

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JohnnyO

Began this habit in 1980
May 13, 2015
Midwest
We currently have a nice 3 field complex. Our issue is we have no permanent building for concessions, bathrooms, storage etc. Does anyone have ideas, plans, or pricing ideas on a building to be in the center of a 4 field complex (hope to add the fourth field) and support a concession stand, storage for gator and field equipment along with bathrooms and maybe indoor batting cages for winter usage. It would be nice to find a place that had lots of examples and some pricing ideas.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
No idea but bathrooms and storage would be my first priority.

Concession stand will make you a good bit of money so that would a close 3rd.

I would not worry about the batting cage or a pitching area until the above are complete, and maybe never.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Pricing is irrelevant as this can vary across the country; call neighbor parks and find out what they paid for theirs; visit those neighbor parks, take pictures, compare; gather contractor contact information. Takes a bit of research but it needs to be done locally IMO.

Pitching areas can be done yourselves. Research the how-tos on the internet...our high school pitching areas were built by the Booster club parents and coaches. Not perfect but it serves purpose.

Batting cages...same as pitching.

Good luck.

shaker1

Softball Junkie
Dec 4, 2014
On a bucket
We currently have a nice 3 field complex. Our issue is we have no permanent building for concessions, bathrooms, storage etc. Does anyone have ideas, plans, or pricing ideas on a building to be in the center of a 4 field complex (hope to add the fourth field) and support a concession stand, storage for gator and field equipment along with bathrooms and maybe indoor batting cages for winter usage. It would be nice to find a place that had lots of examples and some pricing ideas.
Believe I'd start with a building contractor

May 23, 2010
Since we know nothing about the location, it is difficult to provide ideas about plans, costs, etc.

The first questions I would ask:
Is there public water?
Is there public sewer? If not, is there sufficient ground for an on-lot system?

An area contractor or area engineer might be able to give you some idea of the process, challenges, etc. You could probably install a large shed for storage without too much trouble - just contact the municipality as there may be an application/fee for a shed.

Jun 22, 2008
Check with a modular building contractor. To do everything you want may be completely out of your budget, but a modular builder may be able to design the entire project and then construct it in phases so you can just drop in the next section as funds allow.

Jan 8, 2013
South Carolina

Johnny,

I assume this is at your local recreation park and it is probably owned by the county, city, or some public entity?? When building a structure like this you are going to get into utilizing architects, contractors, inspectors, etc. A structure like you described on a public site can be very costly. I would easily estimate the fees for plans, inspections, and the contractor plus the cost of the construction will run you around 500,000 depending on the total size and materials you use. I know that sounds like a lot, but commercial construction is very different than residential construction.

Someone mentioned using a modular building. That can be a good idea and it can save you on professional fees. I would look closely at the framing structure to see if the framing will properly secure a door. Some metal buildings are more secure than others. It was also mentioned to focus on a few things and maybe add on later....bathrooms and concession stand first...then other things later. You have cut your cost considerably by doing this. Again, what I am saying is dependent on the city or county ordinances where you live. I see you are from Minnesota and the northern states usually have much more stringent building codes. There are grants available for what you are doing as well so look online and apply for some of those. Good luck with your project!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan