Committed athlete stops getting responses from coach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
If my DD I would have instructed her to give him/her a call. Seems too important to wait. Are you sure he/she is still coaching at the college.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Are you sure you want to play for someone that doesn't respond? It only take 5 seconds to text "talk to you later" or even just a "thanks for update". I can picture 4 years of frustration playing for someone that doesn't communicate. Having an authority figure that keeps you wondering is much worse than having one that is unhappy with you and tells you why.

Apr 12, 2016
Minnesota
I'm a 2017 utility player. A D2 offered to me in early April. I verbally committed to the school in late May. I email or text coach about every 2 weeks. Coach told me he/she would watch me play in a showcase 2 weeks ago. I sent game times/locations. Coach didn't show (unless he/she was well hidden from team administrator). I haven't received any responses from the coach since. What do I do? I really want to attend this school, but I hope I haven't wasted the month of June and part of July by not pursuing other colleges. My mom says I'm over-reacting. I hope that is the case. I'm just really nervous.

Did the coach finally get back in touch with you?

Jul 11, 2016
We talked today, and one other time since the original post. Coach was apparently really busy and I was being over anxious. I'm still a bit nervous about everything.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
A lot of anxiety huh? Make this a life experience and continue to go forward. Keep in constant contact with coach
from here on out. Showcase season is coming to a close, if you still have anxiety-go visit.

Also-regarding communication; my DD went thru recruitment a couple years ago, text was always used ONLY after
picking up the phone. As you probably have found, coaches know recruits are nervous during calls, they use this
to make you feel at ease. They generally will use 'small talk' to make you less nervous during the calls.

Best of luck to you and enjoy the ride!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619