College strike zone, Sheeeesh

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Bama has on of the hardest infields in the SEC - Michele Smith three times in two days

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Well, do they? Maybe everybody didn’t have a chance to watch every inning two days in a row..

Dec 11, 2010
Bama has on of the hardest infields in the SEC - Michele Smith three times in two days

She has a set of general comments she wrote on slips of paper and pulls out of a fish bowl. She just says whatever is on the slip of paper, they are all statements like a fortune teller would say, they fit most situations.

Shes talking about some pitcher from the 1800’s right now.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
I've watched a lot of college softball out of the gate this year D1 and some D2...am I crazy, or is the strike zone embarrassingly wide. Like holy shirt calling strikes on the inside chalk wide. It's ridiculous, on top of drop pitches almost in the dirt called strikes. STOP helping the pitchers, if the scores averages are up, so be it...call the zone properly. CRIPES

Sunday rant over🥳

Yep, you crazy.

Seen a lot of games, called quite a few. No D1, but some D2
A lot of the same people calling the same zones they always do.
Good curve ball strike on the outside edge will be caught in opposite batter box by the catcher. That's a strike. They WANT us to call that.
If you are in the crowd, it doesn't matter where you are, you don't have the view the umpire has - even if you regularly umpire.
If you are watching on TV, you absolutely can't tell - the angles are so deceiving.

I am the opposite to you - still seeing way too many "I am calling college, strike zone is going to be smaller" umpires - hate that. They have been telling the umpires for several years to stop doing that, but some people are just stubborn and as long as they continue to get games they are not going to change.

Feb 15, 2017
She has a set of general comments she wrote on slips of paper and pulls out of a fish bowl. She just says whatever is on the slip of paper, they are all statements like a fortune teller would say, they fit most situations.

Shes talking about some pitcher from the 1800’s right now.
Agreed, it is like a comic with no new material. Same comments every week every year.

Just like pattar.

Jan 28, 2017
I haven’t seen a drop ball called a strike that the catcher caught below the knees this year.

Jul 22, 2015
I've watched a lot of college softball out of the gate this year D1 and some D2...am I crazy, or is the strike zone embarrassingly wide. Like holy shirt calling strikes on the inside chalk wide. It's ridiculous, on top of drop pitches almost in the dirt called strikes. STOP helping the pitchers, if the scores averages are up, so be it...call the zone properly. CRIPES

Sunday rant over🥳
I've watched quite a few games and I haven't seen a single game in which the zone was too big, but many where I thought the zone was MUCH too small. In many of the games I've watched It seemed like the umpire wanted the entire ball on the plate to call a strike.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00