College softball season may be over but...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
The Woodlands vs Katy is on right now. These two teams are from the Houston area, and they are very talented. For the Woodlands, I know that the pitcher (#3) is committed to Baylor, and the SS (#1) is committed to Tennessee. I think #10 on Katy is committed to Colorado State, but she is the only I know on that team.

Apr 11, 2012
very cool, thanks....checking it out now. The Missouri State High School Assoc. website now has were you have to pay a $10 daily access fee to see State intra-net broadcasted games....

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
I removed my post at the request of the OP.

For those that are interested, the video is public and all over the internet.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2009
Who saw the Needville catcher elbow two Huffman base runners at the plate?

We are in the Needville ISD, but DD goes to a private school in Sugar Land. So far there hasn't been any action good or bad by Needville ISD, Needville softball, or UIL.

Here is the clip. Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO5l4J6TRkE

That should have never happened twice. After the first time the runners should have had the green light to blow up that catcher at full speed like a defenseless wide receiver IMO.

"It's a kids game...these are just girls" is all fine and well but if you are going to pull that kind of BS, be prepared for a "life lesson" that some people in this world are vengeful when it comes to this sort of thing.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2014
I don't coach fastpitch, or baseball. But, when I played baseball, that catcher would have been a target for every player on our team, every play of the game, from there on out. Shameful display of sportsmanship there. Sports have a way of exposing a persons character. But of course, I did a lot of dumb stuff when I was young too.

Sep 29, 2014
I don't coach fastpitch, or baseball. But, when I played baseball, that catcher would have been a target for every player on our team, every play of the game, from there on out. Shameful display of sportsmanship there. Sports have a way of exposing a persons character. But of course, I did a lot of dumb stuff when I was young too.

^^^^Exactly it is one thing that has always puzzled me how it does not seem that girls police the game within the game. In baseball no catcher in their right mind would ever dream of doing that because they KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT the next play at the plate they would get blown up to kingdom come, then when stepped up to bat they would get drilled and so on... It really does work in baseball the higher and higher you go the less and less of this type of stuff you see because the proper way to play the game has been learned. Not to mention the captain of YOUR team would rip into you because you now just opened the whole team up for "policing" actions.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
^^^^^True!! After watching the video again, I think the second runner is worthy of reprimand for NOT putting a season ending hit on that little POS bully.

The umpires (who appear to be off in la-la land in this video) would have about 2 seconds to throw this catcher out of the game before my DD got up and started beating the living *&#@( out of that catcher. My DD is like her momma and when you get on the wrong side of her you have to know she crazy and you don't want to fight crazy 'cause crazy don't care.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1