College Coaches Skills Camp

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 26, 2012
Have any of you attended one of their camps? They have camps all over the country and I am sure results vary place to place but was wondering about the camp overall. A little pricey but considering the amount of actual practice time, price per hour isn't bad.

This might be my DD's first camp. I like that a number of local colleges will be attending.

College Coaches Skills Camps

thanks

May 12, 2008
For exposure or a workout, go. For finding out what coach x teaches about hitting, pitching or other skills, go. For skills development, not so much.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
My $0.02....check to confirm which colleges will be at the specific camp your DD would attend. Do not assume every school listed on their website will be represented at each camp. Also try to find out which coach from the schools your DD is interested in will be there. There are a lot of assistant coaches who participate in these camps, so do not assume it will be the head coach. If you have the time and resources it could be a positive experience and I am an advocate of taking advantage of opportunities to perform in front of college coaches once a player reach high school.

My DD went to a D9 skills camps in Vero Beach, FL two years ago. She had a cracked rib at the time, but we had already paid for the camp and we had a free place to stay, so we went anyway. Nothing spectacular happened during the camp, but we made some contacts that later led to my DD getting to participate in the IDT in CO, which is where she was "discovered" by the school she is verballed to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan