Cold Weather Games

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
I know using composite bats in those temps is not advised. Likely not enough consistent contact to make it an issue per hitter? Rare for us to play much below 50. Asking out of curiosity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I know using composite bats in those temps is not advised. Likely not enough consistent contact to make it an issue per hitter? Rare for us to play much below 50. Asking out of curiosity.

Her 2018 ghost has to be close to its End of Life and hitting in the cold will not help.

Jul 14, 2018
Fri Lo 14/ Hi 30 Sat Lo 17/Hi 33 In everyone's cold weather experiences, do you think they will play these games?

Grass or turf? It might come down to the host trying to protect their field if it’s on grass — frozen or defrosting grass can can get wrecked this time of year, but I’m sure everyone is anxious to play.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Grass or turf? It might come down to the host trying to protect their field if it’s on grass — frozen or defrosting grass can can get wrecked this time of year, but I’m sure everyone is anxious to play.

Turf.

Jul 14, 2018

Play ball!

Under Armor, balaclava, and Hot Hands in the back pocket make for a better experience.

DD’s coach said in the fall that she used to play with the hand warmers in her sports bra, but I can’t vouch for that approach myself...

inumpire

Observer, but has an opinion
Oct 31, 2014
I am looking at next week's weather forecast for DD's college games. Fri Lo 14/ Hi 30 Sat Lo 17/Hi 33 In everyone's cold weather experiences, do you think they will play these games? I am very weary about driving 5 hours to be miserable and I know the players will be hating their lives. I don't think my DD has been in weather below 25 degrees in her life.
No

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414