coaching evaluation idea

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 8, 2010
Hello all,
With fall ball winding down, I'm looking to solicit feedback from the parents on our teams via a online coaching evaluation form. We have done the paper based forms in the past but it seems like hardly anyone fills them out completely and then someone has to collect them and go through them.

Hoping to find an online solution that makes it easier for everyone. If any of you have had experience with this and can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it!

Thanks!

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
What a great idea, as a parent I have never been asked to fill one out. Our family has 3 different and unique experiences so we need 3 forms, maybe 4.

Sorry for the hijack. :)

Nov 8, 2010
Thanks 2x...that should work just fine. Even found some good sample questions I hadn't thought of to put in there. Quincy: I will be happy to share the form when I get it done. I like this idea of doing this all online MUCH better!

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Good luck on getting the parents to fill out the form. I've seen it done in two different organizations in which I've coached, and neither has been very successful in generating much feedback. Maybe an online form will help.

Generally speaking, if people are really unhappy you don't need to send them a form. They will let you know. :) You also usually know who is really happy. But it's the big group in the middle that never says much.

Jan 15, 2009
Good luck on getting the parents to fill out the form. I've seen it done in two different organizations in which I've coached, and neither has been very successful in generating much feedback. Maybe an online form will help.

Generally speaking, if people are really unhappy you don't need to send them a form. They will let you know. :) You also usually know who is really happy. But it's the big group in the middle that never says much.

Absolutely agree, we did surverymonkey for several years with our organization and finally gave it up because we would only get 1 to 2 respondants per team even though we kept the survey short (about 5 clicks online with space to type in comments if you had them).

Nov 1, 2009
You obviously want to be polite and a positive force for your kids. The parents however are a different topic altogether. Communicate with them regularly, give them specific skillsets for their daughter to work on and follow up with what you expect them to accomplish. Other than that don't get too wrapped up in what parents think because quite frankly you don't have the time to spend worrying about something you probably won't change.

It is up to the parents to do their own evaluation at the end of the season and move on if you aren't what they are looking for. You should evaluate each of your kids and if they are showing improvement and still love the game then you are doing your job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd