Classification vs. Actual Age on Roster

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 25, 2012
I have a team that is all 13U eligible. Can we be a 14u team and participate in a 13u tournament we found, all girls are 13 years old. Or because we are classified as 14u can we NOT play down?

Thank you, hope my question makes sense.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
I have a team that is all 13U eligible. Can we be a 14u team and participate in a 13u tournament we found, all girls are 13 years old. Or because we are classified as 14u can we NOT play down?

Thank you, hope my question makes sense.

Depends on org, state, phase of the moon, etc... Call the local director for the org the tournament will be under and ask is the only way to get a definite answer.

And worse case - re-register the entire team with a new name as a new 13U team for the weekend. Down here we see a fair few of them in Fall - we call them 't-shirt teams' since they normally all go buy the same t-shirt for the weekend.

One team my DD played on one weekend turned up early and bought the team the tourney tshirts and some stick on numbers - and that was their uniform for the weekend. We came second to a team in bright red $2.99 red tshirts bought from the local Jo-Anns with drawn-on sharpie numbers.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mugs_dad