Cf8?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 23, 2014
I want to get my 10yr DD a new bat for the May 3rd birthday... I think a 30" -11 should work perfect. I was told the CF8 will come out in April. Has anyone heard any rumors about the bat?
Or i might just pick up a LSlug -11 , but from the bat weight prospective it might be too heavy for her...

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Without any facts to backup my statement, I am sure it will be a great bat.

DD will not give up her CF6.

(You need to think of getting her to a -10, either this bat or the next one. The CF series is light so maybe this one?)

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2014
She's swinging a easton 28"-11.5... Its WAY to light... Her older sister has a bag full of cf 5, 7 and 6's. So I would kind of like to try a different brand. But the older sisters team has something to do with Demarini, so I can get a good deal on them.

Jun 18, 2010
She's swinging a easton 28"-11.5... Its WAY to light... Her older sister has a bag full of cf 5, 7 and 6's. So I would kind of like to try a different brand. But the older sisters team has something to do with Demarini, so I can get a good deal on them.

The reason I asked what her current bat was, and to Q's point, I just purchased a CF6 for my DD at a killer price, almost 1/2 of what a CF7 is going for.

Our 10U and 9U teams are tearing it up with the 2015 -11 Xeno. One 8-year-old, tiny little thing on the 9U team has launched multiple extra-base hits with her 29/18 Xeno. It's fun to watch! This girl is really small, too. ;)

You can also get CF6s pretty cheap if you look around. However, in DeMarinis, the smaller sizes seem to get snapped up first. The CF7s may start to go on sale in the next few months, as well.

They are all good bats. Hard to go wrong with any of them.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
If you're desperate to give your DD the latest and greatest thing for her b-day, and are willing to spend the money, wait for the CF8. If you'd rather save a few bucks to go towards other things that she will grow out of in a hurry, anything from a CF5 to CF7 will provide your girl an awesome bat.

Both my DDs are swinging a CF6, and are madly in love.

Apr 1, 2010
(You need to think of getting her to a -10, either this bat or the next one. The CF series is light so maybe this one?)

I agree. Unless she's a twig or a slapper, if I had an 11 yr old, I'd be trying to move her to a drop 10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd