CF(X?) -11 vs CF(8) Slapper for Righty

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
At 5'-6", I wouldn't go any shorter than 32", and would be just 33" just fine, too. My DD is a powerful, 5'-7", 155 lbs., 14yo and has been swinging a 33/23 for 2 years.

Based on your description, I would suggest talking to Core about a -11 Ghost.

Oct 5, 2018
The Ebay prices caught my attention too. For $107 with tax, I thought about stashing it in the closet for a couple of years...maybe the legend will grow since not making them anymore and I'll get 1k for it, lol. I assume it stems from some really like the regular CF8 from what I've read.

May 22, 2015
Illinois
The Slapper bat definitely has it's place in the market. I don't think it became as popular as Demarini thought it would, so these can usually be had for really good prices. It does have a decent amount of pop. DD has a 32/22, and has had great success with it....even hit a couple of homers with it. She is a lefty and 5'3", around 105 lbs. When we bought it she was almost exclusively a slap hitter, but now that she's found a little power in her swing she hasn't slapped in over a year. All that being said, when we move her up to a 33/23 it probably wont be a Slapper bat. I don't know the answer to this, but all things being equal what would the difference in exit speeds be between a Slapper & a Hope?

For just getting into B level travel ball and not wanting to spend a ton of money I think the $100 Slapper would be fine for her even though she's a righty. Not sure if will matter to her or not, but the grip is actually wound backwards for lefty hitters.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Apparently not enough of a place in the market...haha. As I have said, the slapper does nothing that a balanced drop10 or 11 cant do. Demar thought every slapper would
be jumping for this bat...never happened.

BUT, if you have a slight dd that can use it with no concern about missing some pop...for the price, its a bargain

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2018
Just some final thoughts to close this out. I spent the extra $120 for a CF9 32/21 and so far, BP and lessons, we are very satisfied. Swings about the same as her drop 12 Easton and proves that bat is dead. If I hadn't bought that 32/21 Easton Flex, which definitely swings heavier, I would've definitely picked up the cheap slapper for BP/backup bat. Hopefully the CF9 holds up for about a year, then probably be looking at either a 33/22 or 32/22 Zen. Thanks all.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Not really proving that...the Drop12 is no where near a top line bat where as the Sprite is their top CF Series. Most drop12 or more are cheaper bats and less performance.
So if you go from a drop12 or whatever to a top lineup bat, you are def going to see better results...bat wise.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207