Catcher's Gear

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Yes. Sorry about that! Still trying to navigate around here. DD was able to try on the All-star helmet and liked the fit but based on reviews, I'm still leaning towards the Wilson. I'm more concerned with protecting her noggin than hygiene at this point.;) Any recommendations on good websites for ordering online? I'm sure there's already a thread on that but couldn't find it.

The All-Star helmets are very good, and if my DD had preferred it over the Wilson, I would have no problem with her wearing it. Schutt is another helmet I like.

I have used a number of different online sources, depending on the product I'm shipping for. I think I got my DD's Wilson helmet from HomerunMonkey (Baseball Equipment | Buy Baseball Apparel Online | Best Gear)

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
I had the same experience with the Wilson helmet pads but I also had the same customer service. Sent me a brand new helmet and said keep the other one after one year of purchase but only 2 months of use.

Only downside is the helmet is a little front heavy due to the cage sticking out away from the face. Ca be hard on the neck. I wore it one day at practice to catch the coach pitching so I didn't break a my face and my neck was very sore the following day.

image.jpg

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
Also, if it matters. Wilsons warranty and customer service is amazing. My DD had one of the pads fall out of her catchers helmet so I called Wilson and they told me they'd send out a whole new helmet. When I asked them if they're going to pay shipping to ship the old one back, they said "no you can keep it and we recommend using gorilla glue to glue the pad back in". So now my DD still wears the original one and the new one is sitting in the box for when she needs it.

I had the exact same experience with them a couple of years ago. For what it's worth, the new 2.0 helmets seem to be better in this regard. I kept the old helmet for replacement parts (straps, chin pad, etc).

Sep 11, 2014
FYI, BattersChoice.com - Baseball and Softball Pro Shop and Your Choice for the Best Gear in the Game has great pricing on the Wilson gear right now. $99.95 for the Shock FX 2.0 helmet, $89.95 for the chest protector, and $104.95 for the leg guards. Both the legs and chest are cheaper in the Intermediate sizes as well.

Sorry, I bought the last Navy helmet.

Unfortunately, she has to have a black one and they're out of stock. Anyone have experience with BPLowestprices?

Sep 11, 2014
DD had her heart set on the All-star gear but after trying it on determined that the chest protector was too short for her so we went with the Wilson ProMotion gear. Will update with reviews in the near future. Thanks for all of the advice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG