Catchers Gear thats Made in America

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 25, 2011
Boise , ID
I know Schutt helmets are Made in America and was wondering if any other companies in the US make catchers gear . Looking for a Chest protector , Leg Guards and a Helmet .

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2010
Why does it matter as long as it's quality?

Very few softball/baseball gear is made in first world countries anymore.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Why does it matter as long as it's quality?

Very few softball/baseball gear is made in first world countries anymore.

It matters in the way that by buying American made, we know that we are helping to keep our countrymen employed. Add in the problems with the chemicals used in some products that come from China and people are starting to look more for made in USA products.

Jun 25, 2011
Boise , ID
I try and buy American made when I can . If there is 2 comparable products and one is made here in the US the that's the one I want . Since I have only worked about 12 months out of the last 36 due to the economy being in the crapper it has turned my head around on just how important it is to support people working in the country where I live as much as possible .

I am guessing that at least some or all of All Stars gear is made overseas just due to this picture on their blog .

photo.jpg.scaled.1000.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2016
Lozza, you asked, "Why does it matter?" regarding where a product is made. It matters plenty and for all sorts of reasons. First, you make money in the US, why would you want to send that money to China, or anywhere else, and have it lost to our economy. It will never cycle back to you. Just look at the trade deficit between China and the US. Along those same lines, if a neighbor works in a manufacturing company making a decent wage and you own a small business selling baseball/softball gear he can now shop at your store. If he works at Walmart making $10 an hour and is on public assistance, well, let's just say he probably isn't putting the paltry sum he has left after taxes, et al into gear. How does this one strike you? China is our enemy. Yes, they actively sabotage our economy through artificially keeping the value of their money down. They also steal products ALL the time, make them with their own label and then sell them to Americans who don't know any better or aren't as smart as you are to ask why this is important. Now, plain and simple, creating jobs in our own nation, especially ones that actually produce a tangible product, is good for all of us. It keeps taxes rolling in, people off of the public dime, allows for a better quality of life for everyone. It is the one constant issue politically and economically speaking for the past 12 years. It is always an issue, but it has been the TOP issue, which is pretty much unheard of. Public sentiment tends to wane on issues and the political winds change direction. When times are good and jobs are plentiful and pay well, other issues gravitate to the forefront. Although unemployment is down and we have seen the end of the great recession, employers are still hording cash and getting every last drop of sweat out of employees that they can. The lay-offs that happened 10 years or so ago were never restored. Also, wage growth is practically stagnant. Hence, jobs, wages, overall job security, etc. is an issue. That's why it matters where your stuff is made. As a side note, if you are looking for great uniforms at a great price from a US company, OT Sports did a great job for us this season and I will no doubt go back there. Thanks!!

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Lozza, you asked, "Why does it matter?" regarding where a product is made. It matters plenty and for all sorts of reasons. First, you make money in the US, why would you want to send that money to China, or anywhere else, and have it lost to our economy.

Just an FYI. Lozza is from, and lives in, Australia so for her part is asking a question that is pertinent to her not that it detracts from your very valid points made.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdawson30