Catcher pants

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 31, 2015
Texas
Any suggestions on pants for catchers. DD has tried Mizuno, UA and Nike. Her jersey is always coming untucked when catching and she hates it. Coach also is somewhat strict on shirts tucked in. I may have to check into a longer jersey but I was wondering what pants other members DD's use and if anyone has ran into this problem

Dec 19, 2012
It's probably not the pants, it's a combination of things. Shirt too short, pants too loose, fabric of jersey, shape of body....etc. You could try to sew in a strip of waistband grip tape to the interior of the waistband. Fabric stores would sell the waistband grip tape.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
DD has the same problem (as I suspect a lot of catchers do). Boombah pants fit her the best but what really helps is she wears a lightweight, long microfiber tank top under her jersey and tucks it into her sliding shorts. That way even if her jersey comes un-tucked she is covered.

Tom

Mar 13, 2014
Texas
I have been super happy with my DD's Gluv Athletic pants - fit extremely well - albeit a bit pricy - No issues with shirts coming untucked (thought she doesnt catch, but playing second has had no issues)

D-

TheGluv Athletique - Women's and Girls Softball Pants & Uniforms

Agree, Gluv pants have been awesome for my DD catcher. They are really durable too.

She did pick up with a team that had Champro pants with the rubber strips sewn into the waistband that helped keep jersey tucked in which she liked.

May 15, 2014
Atlanta
The Worth FPEX plush have the grip stuff inside the waistband which helps keep the shirts tucked. They are a little more expensive but have held up really well.

Aug 31, 2015
Texas
The Worth FPEX plush have the grip stuff inside the waistband which helps keep the shirts tucked. They are a little more expensive but have held up really well.

The Gluv pants don't have belt loops and the coach requires a belt as part of the uniform. Looks like I may have to try the Worth pants since they come with belt loops. Thanks

May 28, 2014
The Gluv pants don't have belt loops and the coach requires a belt as part of the uniform. Looks like I may have to try the Worth pants since they come with belt loops. Thanks

I have the same problem with my team - he has to have belts. Really is a shame the Gluv pants are awesome. She uses her for practices and rec ball

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clawdog