camps in the midwest?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 15, 2009
University of St Thomas (Minneapolis, MN) holds clinics that run 5 sunday's over the winter (if your in driving distance) if your kid is a catcher they can attend hitting clinics early and catching clinics later that same day. John Tschida (head coach at St Thomas) is a terrific instructor and his team led NCAA in team batting average last year and have won DIII championship several times.

Winona, MN (University of Winona) hold good one day camps as well, they have been DII National champs. That could be closer depending on where you are in Wisconsin.

If your looking for something East side of WI, I would contact some larger travel organizations and ask where they recommend.

Apr 13, 2010
University of St Thomas (Minneapolis, MN) holds clinics that run 5 sunday's over the winter (if your in driving distance) if your kid is a catcher they can attend hitting clinics early and catching clinics later that same day. John Tschida (head coach at St Thomas) is a terrific instructor and his team led NCAA in team batting average last year and have won DIII championship several times.

Winona, MN (University of Winona) hold good one day camps as well, they have been DII National champs. That could be closer depending on where you are in Wisconsin.

If your looking for something East side of WI, I would contact some larger travel organizations and ask where they recommend.

Are the winter clinics there grades 7-12 only?

Reason I ask is I'm looking for winter clinics for my 10U (going to be 12U this fall) daughter.

The Ex-University of Minnesota coaches put on some great clinics last winter as well. I've heard that they are going to hold some clinics in Roseville this summer and that their website would be updated but as of this morning the updated website is not up. My daughter attended their clinics this winter and I'm convinced my daughter is hitting the ball well this year because of their instruction. If the website goes up I'll post it in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 3, 2009
Any suggestions on good camps in the midwest? We are from Wisconsin

Mizzou... has two camps, younglings, and recruitable age. The youngling camp starts tomorrow, I believe the other begins next week. This will be my dd's 3rd year. Almost the entire team is there, coaches, trainers, very hands on, and extremely well run. I've also heard very good things about OU's camp, and even Michigan.

Apr 25, 2010
I am also from Wisconsin, and there are some good camps. What part are you from? Like Sparky said UW Parkside has a good camp comming up that is sponssered by NIKE. NIKE is also sponsering a couple at UW Platteville that are 1-4 days and you can stay over night. I would look into that group of camps. There are some day camps at Hitters Sport Plex in Madison, and there is always a good group of camps that are put on by the South West Storm out of Dodgeville in the late winter every year called the snowstorm clinics. I have some info on more local WI camps that I will dig and I will post when I find it.

Feb 1, 2010
Midwest
For what it's worth, I felt that the UW-Madison and UW-Green Bay camps weren't as good as the St. Norbert College and Ripon College camps...all single or two day camps depending on the number of sessions you sign up for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32