Bowlers kick

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 15, 2015
My DD's PC has been getting onto her about her "bowlers kick". PC wants her back foot to drive straight towards the plate. DD's natural move is more of a "bowlers kick" (back foot finishes behind her front leg).

When she focuses on it, she can do what PC ask. But, on the field, in the heat of the moment, she goes back to the dreaded "kick". Is this a huge deal or just a personal preference from her PC.

Thanks in advance for comments.

Jun 18, 2010
11_zps0eec9c49.png

12_zpse8b61443.png

Oct 16, 2014
^^^^ my DD finishes like this (the picture) and does fine. Her PC has mentioned it can become an issue if the foot being kicked out causes the hips to spin out then lead the shoulders as well. So far she hasn't had this but if her balls start to go wonky we know to look at what that foot is doing.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2010
My DD's PC has been getting onto her about her "bowlers kick". PC wants her back foot to drive straight towards the plate. DD's natural move is more of a "bowlers kick" (back foot finishes behind her front leg).

When she focuses on it, she can do what PC ask. But, on the field, in the heat of the moment, she goes back to the dreaded "kick". Is this a huge deal or just a personal preference from her PC.

Thanks in advance for comments.

I think the more important concept is the idea of driving the back kneee down the powerline, not driving the back foot "straight towards the plate".

Amanda_powerdrive_pitchingx_zps7d32e1e0.gif

Jul 4, 2012
^^^^ my DD finishes like this (the picture) and does fine. Her PC has mentioned it can become an issue if the foot being kicked out causes the hips to spin out then lead the shoulders as well. So far she hasn't had this but if her balls start to go wonky we know to look at what that foot is doing.

The foot is just attached to the leg which is attached to the hips. Does the PC like her brush cotact and hip action?

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Don't mistake the figure 4 leg finish with a hips left completely open, butt pushed out, inside ankle bone foot drag, missed all brush and a weird donkey/bowlers kick finish. Obviously a very different thing here! Post a video of her to get a real analysis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG