Boombah Tsunami

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 15, 2014
Ummmm...no...haha. But that's the worse scenario. It could turn out well, just a very big chance for the money

These just launched on Monday so be on the lookout for reviews. Obviously it's important to get these in players hands to demo. There will be quite a few opportunities to demo nationwide this year. I will try to keep everyone posted that is interested on dates and locations. Additionally anyone from the St.Louis and Chicago area feel free to get a hold of me anytime to setup a demo session.

Nov 14, 2011
For me Boombah's quality for shoes, jerseys, pants, etc. has been on the decline for a few years. If you look at many of their new items & product lines they are going after the wild color combos. Tons of tie-dye and neon colors in their products (shoes, shirts, shorts, etc.). Now that marketing approach has transferred into the fastpitch bat line.

tsunami-9.jpg
tsunami-10.jpg
tsunami-12.jpg

For me it is more than a color makes a bat.

As a parent I don't care what the bat, shoes, shirt looks like if it falls apart (like 2 pairs of their shoes have done). Quality comes first and I can't say that Boombah's quality has been up to my standards for 2 years. I hope their bats are better than the rest of their products. We had several of their bat bags that had to be returned because zippers ripped out and seams came apart. After hearing about all the problems that our coach had trying to order uniforms from them this year, it looks like the problems aren't just a QC/QA problem, it extends into their sales team also.

It will be interesting to see how many of these bats you will see at games. I live not too far from the Boombah headquarters so I see tons of their products everywhere (uniforms, shoes & bat bags). If they can't sell bats to local people here then their fastpitch bat business will be a short venture.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I agree that their quality has been on the decline! Their color options are second to none. Uniforms are OK, but the cleats hold up like crap. Their R&D dept needs to address their current products instead of implementing a new bat line.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
And watch out for when bats are "contracted" to a "new" place in China (not that making them in China is bad). Quality control and product deadlines sometimes aren't their main concern...its making it cheap to make money.

I would be careful. Knowing what happened with the Bass disaster with Chinese makers with them. I blame Bass as much for that as they had terrible management and ownership on top of the bat issues. I will say, Bass's first bat from China was a bright pink bat...haha. Good bat, but never knew what you were gonna get. Couldn't handle returns either. Bats after that from the same place were terrible.

Hopefully Boombah which is a more established company has better products, product returns and customer satisfaction with their bats.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
The new legit is actually a 4 piece...and made in the US

But who knows what platform these bats were taken from when given to Chinese makers and what they do with it...haha

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LisagS24