Big 10 over the south again

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 24, 2011
OSU dominated last night, no doubt, but the last touchdown when they could have taken a knee and run out the clock was pretty classless. Still, it was against run-it-up Oregon, so I'm not all that upset.

"Why should we have to go to class if we came here to play FOOTBALL. We ain't come to play SCHOOL classes are POINTLESS." Can anyone imagine a softball player posting a tweet like this?

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
OSU dominated last night, no doubt, but the last touchdown when they could have taken a knee and run out the clock was pretty classless. Still, it was against run-it-up Oregon, so I'm not all that upset.

"Why should we have to go to class if we came here to play FOOTBALL. We ain't come to play SCHOOL classes are POINTLESS." Can anyone imagine a softball player posting a tweet like this?

Unfortunately not at all uncommon in top programs. I am sure he has a bright future reliving his glory days down on the corner tossing back a 40.

Sep 18, 2011
It's fun to contemplate, call it a thought experiment - how many OSU quarterbacks would have beaten Oregon last night?? We'll take it as a given that any of their top 3 quarterbacks would have smoked the Ducks. Same result with the 4th string qb? Maybe a slightly closer game? How about the 5th string qb? Any possibility that Oregon wins that matchup? Realistically for Oregon to have a chance, I think you need to go down the depth chart a little further. Oregon wins if OSU is forced to play their 7th string QB (probably the backup punter). Yes. I think 7th sounds about right. It really is fun to think about.

Poor Marcus Mariota. Humble guy. Good person. Heisman Trophy winner. But he'd be 4th on the OSU QB depth chart. And last night he fell at least 25 spots in the draft. Ouch.

Men against the boys last night. Women against the girls begins in February.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
It's fun to contemplate, call it a thought experiment - how many OSU quarterbacks would have beaten Oregon last night?? We'll take it as a given that any of their top 3 quarterbacks would have smoked the Ducks. Same result with the 4th string qb? Maybe a slightly closer game? How about the 5th string qb? Any possibility that Oregon wins that matchup? Realistically for Oregon to have a chance, I think you need to go down the depth chart a little further. Oregon wins if OSU is forced to play their 7th string QB (probably the backup punter). Yes. I think 7th sounds about right. It really is fun to think about.

Poor Marcus Mariota. Humble guy. Good person. Heisman Trophy winner. But he'd be 4th on the OSU QB depth chart. And last night he fell at least 25 spots in the draft. Ouch.

Take Elliott out the mix and the Buckeyes go home losers.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location

Oh OLAF, another year and another Big 10 boast that must be fueled by a combination of frostbite on your frontal lobe and exhaust inhalation from the unvented two stroke generator you have keeping the lights on in the ice fishing shack.

The PAC10 with again dominate the BIG10 and the SEC, as it does every single year in softball. And if by chance either conference manages to squeak out a win against the far superior conference it will no doubt do so with a healthy stock of players born and raised west of the Rockies.

As for football...it is nice that the BIG10 got some love in this minor college "sport" but we all know that the only sport that actually matters in America is Women's fastpitch softball.

Sep 18, 2011
Every single softball pre-season poll that I've seen, without exception, show the top three spots occupied by Big 10 schools (Michigan, Minnesota and Nebraska) and 6 of the top 10 (throw in Wisconsin, Purdue and Northwestern). The pollsters must know SOMETHING about college softball, JJ. You must accept that this is the dawn of a new era.

Of course you could point out that the only polls I've seen are the ones I've written, but that would be nitpicking.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321