Best team in WI for getting exposure

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2015
We just had a coaching change so I’m not completely surprised. Add that to Gophers having a stronger program and a MN-WI tuition reciprocity agreement and it’s a no-brainer.

My DDs went to some of the college camps your new coaches came from...they really liked them and hated to see them go... (me too...)

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2015
You train in your hometown and travel with the team to tournaments. It’s not as hard as it sounds. DD was invited to a couple of teams hundreds of miles away and we always said no because I was worried about missing out on bonding or training. Last summer at 18U she finally tried it and I wish I’d have said yes years ago. When you don’t live in a softball hotbed it can be hard to find a team where all the girls have the same goals.

^^^^^this right here... we've been traveling 3-4 hours to play since last fall... basically had to, to play on better teams, and see better competition. We practice in our home town, and drive to play...making it to fields at 7 am, can be a little tough when you have to drive 3 1/2 hours...but it saves 1 night in a hotel...wished we would have started doing it years ago, and one of my younger DDs will probably be the next one to make the 3:30 am Cannonball Run with me...

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2011
Midwest Lady Lightening Gold and Midwest Speed. (Formerly MN Renegades & MN Sting) Other programs have teams that have competed nationally, but as a program they're top teams are mostly local or regional.

Definitely looks like more $ is spent on the national travel circuit but the quality of the signings doesn't jump up and down and scream separation...... Eh maybe it's time for a re-think on the whimsical A/B/C TB ranking system. Maybe above "A" there should be a ranking for all national TB teams that only pay mega $ for televised tournaments...... Maybe time for a "Platinum" level (like credit cards when everybody eventually had a gold card)

:)

Feb 15, 2016
Definitely looks like more $ is spent on the national travel circuit but the quality of the signings doesn't jump up and down and scream separation...... Eh maybe it's time for a re-think on the whimsical A/B/C TB ranking system. Maybe above "A" there should be a ranking for all national TB teams that only pay mega $ for televised tournaments...... Maybe time for a "Platinum" level (like credit cards when everybody eventually had a gold card)

I am sure there is a touch of sarcasm in there! :cool: If parents spend that kind of money to play ball they need to justify the expense in their minds. The coaches and administrators of those clubs need to convince the parents that they are getting what they are paying for. They are in constant marketing mode.

Nov 18, 2013

i was reffering more to the competitive level of the teams. MW LLG is a fairly new program that's already creating a nice resume of tournament wins. Midwest Speed is new as well, but their former programs (Renegades & Sting) both had impressive accomplishments. As for signings several of the commitments those programs have had to the B1G & SEC are pretty impressive. For upper Midwest programs the overall numbers to mid major D1's put them above most of the other programs in our region. And no, DD isn't with either program. She played with the Renegades, but that was back in 14U.

I know you're being sarcastic, but I'm not a fan of the current designations either. "A" should be the top and do away with all the Elite, Gold, etc. The trouble is nobody wants to be called a B or C team.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2011
I would like to see those organizations play in the MN ASA Gold State. It was unfortunate that the Speed were banned. It would be nice to see teams like the Magic, Stars, and A's get a shot at them this year in 18U.

Our org has absolutely zero interest in playing in any MMFL events.

C.K

Mar 16, 2012
With all due respect there aren't going to be any exposure teams in Watertown at ASA B Northern Nationals.

B.A.T.S. sounds like a good one in your area. They've got a couple of girls going to DD's school. Looks like Chicago is about three hours from you. Several good programs there. There's a few decent programs four hours away in the Twin Cities. Midwest Speed or Midwest Lady Lightening Gold would be the best ones.

Your just getting one, the other decommited and is and will be playing for MN.if anyone has any questions about the program pm me, we've been there 4 years playing for the BATS.

Sep 23, 2014
Falls Angels 16U just went 7-0 at in Findley, OH last weekend to become the ASA Eastern National Champs. I believe that team is moving to 18U next year. They are out of Menomonee Falls, WI (suburb of Milwaukee). That team and the 14U team practiced together and share coaches so this program is on the rise and close to your location. Tryouts for 2017 are Saturday Aug 6th.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG