Best mid-Atlantic organizations?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2012
So I know we're not the same as the west coast or south, but we try to play good softball in the mid-Atlantic states, too. It's the start of crazy season in softball- which organizations in the mid-Atlantic states are considered the most competitive?

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
We are just north of the mid-Atlantic in NJ, but here Pony is tops but the PGF made large inroads this year.

Jun 12, 2012
We are just north of the mid-Atlantic in NJ, but here Pony is tops but the PGF made large inroads this year.

Sorry- I wasn't clear- I meant team organizations. Tryout season is upon us and I was curious what organizations are considered the most competitive from an outside perspective. Not many mid-Atlantic teams make it to ASA or PGF national events compared to teams from the west coast and south. Which east coast teams match up?

Aug 23, 2010
Florida
So by mid atlantic, you are where? Virginia, Carolinas, NJ? There are several great organizations in that region. Newtown Rock, Carolina Elite, Jersey Intensity, Shamrocks, etc... I think it depends on how far you live and want to travel.

Feb 19, 2009
Pretty much the standard for competitiveness in the mid Atlantic is the ability to qualify consistently for PGF nationals at least at the Gold level if not in multiple age groups. The Shamrocks haven't done so the past couple of years so I wouldn't include them in that category although they have been very competitive in the past. The Vienna Stars and Virginia Legends are two mid-Atlantic orgs that qualify consistently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole