Best hitting tool (after a ball and a bat)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
Screen%20Shot%202015-04-27%20at%207.07.33%20AM_zpsxavalfpp.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-27%20at%207.09.27%20AM_zpsehloqqaa.png

Impressive knightsb...you win the showcase showdown.

On another matter TCB balls...blahhh!...I think they are the worst. Help create terrible timing as kids wait for them to arrive and for them to wind up in the zone they are tossed way too high. I think they hurt more than help (thought I would be the antagonist)

Dec 11, 2010
I own 3 dozen TCB balls and was a huge fan. I'm not anymore.

I'm over budget but I want a decent tee, (make mine a Tanner please), a net or tarp to hit into and some kind of screen to pitch behind. Then I want every softball and baseball I can scrounge. I could easily get by with only that and be very happy.

I just paid $1 each for 200 softballs on Craigslist. Yes, I thought I needed all of them, not 50 or 100. We have had some awesome spring afternoons on the local ball diamond with me pitching from behind a screen and the girls blasting balls at and over the fence. Easy to do when you have lots of buckets of balls to throw and hit before you have to go pick them up.

Now I'm looking for 7 gallon buckets.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Impressive knightsb...you win the showcase showdown.

On another matter TCB balls...blahhh!...I think they are the worst. Help create terrible timing as kids wait for them to arrive and for them to wind up in the zone they are tossed way too high. I think they hurt more than help (thought I would be the antagonist)

For many ... it is the case that they hurt more than they help.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
I own 3 dozen TCB balls and was a huge fan. I'm not anymore.

I'm over budget but I want a decent tee, (make mine a Tanner please), a net or tarp to hit into and some kind of screen to pitch behind. Then I want every softball and baseball I can scrounge. I could easily get by with only that and be very happy.

I just paid $1 each for 200 softballs on Craigslist. Yes, I thought I needed all of them, not 50 or 100. We have had some awesome spring afternoons on the local ball diamond with me pitching from behind a screen and the girls blasting balls at and over the fence. Easy to do when you have lots of buckets of balls to throw and hit before you have to go pick them up.

Now I'm looking for 7 gallon buckets.

I went to the local nursery, and found the perfect size, and they drain out the water after I have left them out in the rain, once, or twice.

I just chopped one of my tees to make it lower, and used part of a different broken tee to make one very high, as it gets kinda old picking up the tee after it falls off the bucket.

Nov 30, 2013
Cant beat a good tee and a bucket of balls. Set em up at the plate on an off day at the field, let em drive balls into the field from the tee. Instant feedback from hitting in the field vs the fence, stationary ball to let them focus on mechanics. Stress the quality of the swing over quantity. As basic as it gets, but everyone has to work on the fundamentals no matter the level.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd