Be careful! Don't leave your girls alone.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
I added a rule this year that neither I or my coaches would be left alone with any player for any reason. It was to protect us and the children. These young ladies are too important to not protect. I do not have any parents who drop and run but I did ask them to ensure players have rides coordinated and they were picked up on time. As long as we are all in a group we are good. I ask my coaches to stay with me after things too if the situation could arise where one adult is alone with one child. Sad our world is this way today but it is...I suppose you just can never know...and this is sad

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Please give me 5 mins with a man who preys on young girls like this. Just put us both in a 10x10 room, no cameras, no media, just a father of a young girl. I'll leave the rest to imagination.............................

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I talked to that guy a while back about slapping instruction but opted not to go. I bring DD to lessons but always remain in eye and ear shot of her. I have started dropping her off for practice but would never leave if she is the only kid and make sure I'm back well before practice is over.

I can't understand how this guy got that girl alone so many times. I feel for her and I'm sure her parents are wrecked but I just don't get it.

I did hear about a team in NJ where the parents are not allowed to stay and watch practice. I'd just keep going if some coach gave me that rule.

I went back and read the comments. Sick to think so many people suspected something and didn't say something or when they did the people in charge turned a blind eye.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2010
The students always know. No matter how much it's reported most of the time it's ignored.

Apr 6, 2012
I talked to that guy a while back about slapping instruction but opted not to go. I bring DD to lessons but always remain in eye and ear shot of her. I have started dropping her off for practice but would never leave if she is the only kid and make sure I'm back well before practice is over.

I can't understand how this guy got that girl alone so many times. I feel for her and I'm sure her parents are wrecked but I just don't get it.

I did hear about a team in NJ where the parents are not allowed to stay and watch practice. I'd just keep going if some coach gave me that rule.

I went back and read the comments. Sick to think so many people suspected something and didn't say something or when they did the people in charge turned a blind eye.

We have a local team ( a guy who proclaims he knows better than anyone in our state how to coach) who has told parents the same thing. I agree, if you tell me that, I leave.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
There are always some parents that I wished weren't around, but I always liked to have a few in hearing distance. I didn't even like it when basketball coaches didn't want parents at the gym, during practice.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I didn't even like it when basketball coaches didn't want parents at the gym, during practice.

I still coach DDs BB team. We don't have a policy regarding stay or go and most do drop off but we are never alone with 1 kid. We don't even let one kid go to the restroom alone, a carry over from when they were 8. Talking 8th grade this year.

Please give me 5 mins with a man who preys on young girls like this. Just put us both in a 10x10 room, no cameras, no media, just a father of a young girl. I'll leave the rest to imagination.............................

Oh man, my thoughts exactly. That should be the sentence for all people who prey on children. If it is the parents doing it, then I would be happy to fill in as the person who takes their place in the room. Let's up the time to ten minutes though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd