Bat recommendation 10u 70 lbs 53 inches tall

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 1, 2015
Well you all talked me into it. lol. I have been looking for a CF6 all day. Looking for a good deal if anyone knows of one that would be great;)

Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W
I respectfully disagree.

At this age, being able to hit the ball 20-30' father makes a girl feel good and brings great confidence. Good bats like the Xeno and CF also won't sting her hands, which is absolutely HUGE at this age for the girls to have the best possible experience.

Once you hit 30" bats, then there is a decent resale market for good bats, as well. A CF or a Xeno will bring a nice sum after it has been outgrown, allowing some pain relief on the next size up.

Supply us with the data that shows where a 10U player swinging g a 29-30" bat is going to hit the ball 20-30' further.

Other than tons of anecdotal evidence having scouted hundreds (if not thousands) of 10U players over the last 15 years, plus all the exit speed measurements we take, I think all of us who have been around the younger ages for any length of time have all seen the girl who always could just barely reach the edge of the outfield with her "rec bat" start hitting "bombs" that land 30' into the outfield grass once she gets a $300 composite bat in her hands.

When conducting tryouts for our first year 10U teams, it is quite common for most of the girls to show up with alloy bats where we measure their exit speeds over the course of a few different days in different situations. We always hand them a high-quality composite bat (that has been the CF -11 for many years but we added the Xeno -11 recently) and it isn't uncommon for girls to show 3-4mph increase in exit speeds the first time they swing the CF or the Xeno. We almost always see the increase by the second or third BP session. According to the laws of physics, those increased exit speeds must translate into increased distance, which is also corroborated by the anecdotal evidence.

Feb 14, 2014
At 10U, I highly recommend an inexpensive bat.

If you consider the price paid minus the price you can sell it for when dd outgrows it, at most you're looking at what an inexpensive bat costs. For example, new CF7 Sprite $240 minus resell used price $200 equals $40 which is what a cheap bat costs anyway.

Mar 21, 2013
Other than tons of anecdotal evidence having scouted hundreds (if not thousands) of 10U players over the last 15 years, plus all the exit speed measurements we take, I think all of us who have been around the younger ages for any length of time have all seen the girl who always could just barely reach the edge of the outfield with her "rec bat" start hitting "bombs" that land 30' into the outfield grass once she gets a $300 composite bat in her hands.

When conducting tryouts for our first year 10U teams, it is quite common for most of the girls to show up with alloy bats where we measure their exit speeds over the course of a few different days in different situations. We always hand them a high-quality composite bat (that has been the CF -11 for many years but we added the Xeno -11 recently) and it isn't uncommon for girls to show 3-4mph increase in exit speeds the first time they swing the CF or the Xeno. We almost always see the increase by the second or third BP session. According to the laws of physics, those increased exit speeds must translate into increased distance, which is also corroborated by the anecdotal evidence.

I have found that it depends on the ball used. A lot of rec leagues (10U and below) use the RIF (softer compression) balls, which don't react any hotter off of a composite bat. My suggestion, low compression balls = aluminum, hard balls (travel ball leather and cork) composite. However, once you get to a 30" -10 and larger you won't find many, if any, that are not composite anymore.

As for the CF6 just google and price shop. The problem you may have is simply finding one the right size since the bat is almost 2 generations old (new CF8's out soon). You should be able to find them for about $149 - $169 if you look hard, and as stated the resale market for these is very good as they only get better with age. You can easily resell when you move up on size if you ask a reasonable price.

I have found that it depends on the ball used. A lot of rec leagues (10U and below) use the RIF (softer compression) balls, which don't react any hotter off of a composite bat. My suggestion, low compression balls = aluminum, hard balls (travel ball leather and cork) composite. However, once you get to a 30" -10 and larger you won't find many, if any, that are not composite anymore.
We're a travel team org. All our data is collected using regular balls. I don't think it matters what you hit softees with, either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi