bat jack

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 23, 2013
PacNw
Does anyone know if it is legal to use the Bat Jack in games under ASA and/or NSA regulations? I saw a girl use one last year, but didn't know if it was actually legal or not. I bought a couple for my DD to train with, but figured if she can use it in a game, then that's a bonus (until she's comfortable using that grip without it). Thanks.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Dont know the answer to that but after using it for awhile the grip should be set in.
I use them too to train.

SL

Jun 23, 2013
PacNw
I saw a girl use one (or something like it) in a 14U game I was watching in Portland. I didn't know what it was at the time. I did a search on the topic here and apparently there were others using it during games back when the Bat Jack first hit the market. I was just curious as to whether or not the ASA has adopted rules to specifically prohibit its use. I know there are rules on how much tape you can have on a bat, so I'm guessing this might factor into that equation. I guess I will have to ask an ump at the next tournament. Better yet, I will pose the question to the umps in the Rules Forum. Thanks, guys.

Bleacher Bum

Avid student of the game
Aug 29, 2013
NorCal
If you believe what is posted on their web site:
Q: Can I hit with The Bat Jack in games?

A: The intended use for The Bat Jack is for training purposes, however The Bat Jack is allowed in game use under ASA Rule 3 Section 1D: "Any attachment such as a molded finger grip, flair cone or choke up device must be attached with grip tape" This means The Bat Jack is allowed, but a piece of grip tape must be used to help secure it to the bat in addition to the velcro. Currently, The Bat Jack is only allowed for game use under the ASA rule.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
My kids have used them for years in ASA and NFHS . It is a training device, but as many that teach hitting know, kids adjust in the box and don't always follow instrucitons. After they use it , it just comes natural and they won't need to use it My dd college team has one for every kid on the team and it is mandantory they use it while hitting in practice. The was a very long post back when Jim posted on here about the rules. Bottom line after you attach the velcro , wrap a piece of tape around it( which is foolish) but that is the rule. High school you don't have to screw around with the tape!

Oct 19, 2009
It has been 2 years since DD played ASA or NSA, but at that time it was legal.

College does not allow it.

Sep 15, 2010
Nor Cal
ASA Rule 3 Section 1D: "Any attachment such as a molded finger grip, flair cone or choke up device must be attached with grip tape" This means The Bat Jack is allowed, but a piece of grip tape must be used to help secure it to the bat in addition to the velcro. Currently, The Bat Jack is only allowed for game use under the ASA rule.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkhill45