Bat Deflection

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 14, 2011
During our HS season one of the parents and myself would take photos during every game. For us it was a way to pass the time and to also have a built in excuse of why we 'had' to attend every game. We wouldn't miss a game for anything anyways, but this was our excuse. So each week we would have a contest on getting a certain type of photo: slide, pitching, catching, etc. One of the categories was Bat on Ball. That was by far the most challenging of categories.

Fast forward to last weekend and I took over 1,500 shots while covering the action during the 7 games we played. The one that I am attaching is one that peaked my interest. I was shooting for "bat on ball" shots and this one was a great catch. It shows the reaction to the bat after leaving the ball.

photo.jpg

The bat deflection is awesome! I hope this is normal for a LXT bat!

Jun 20, 2012
SoCal
As a fellow parent photographer, I have to congratulate you on getting that elusive "bat on ball" shot. I agree, it is one of the toughest shots to get. Great job!

Oct 14, 2008
Yes, it is she just got the ball on the out side part of the bat. This pic shows it on the inside no where near as dramaticbrittvsboston.jpg

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
vncnj7.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1