Bat advice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
My daughter is currently playing 6U. She will be moving up in the fall to 8U and will need to find a new bat. In our 6U league we use a RIF level 1 10" ball so there isn't much pop to any bat. In 8U they will use a "real" 11" softball. I know she doesn't need a $300 bat at this point but does anyone out there recommend any bats that will give the most out of each swing.

Dec 18, 2009
At that age, I would say the biggest thing would just be to make sure that you get a light bat that is the right length for her. Most of the major bat manufacturers have models under $100.

Easton's line of lower end bats (Cyclone, Typhoon, etc) are hard to beat and less than $50. Note that they have only been changing the color of these bats in the last few years so you should be able to quickly spot the older, cheaper ones. Big sweet spot, long-lasting, solid feel and lots of pop for the money. The Worth AMP line of FB bats are also pretty popular but seem to be a bit more expensive. Demarini, LS, etc. should all work fine. In 8u, it seems that the bat is much less important than in upper leagues. In other words, most hitters generally hit all bats equally well/not well.

Jan 30, 2010
Depending on size of your daughter,i would say nothing over a 29"17oz.
Your local Play It Again Sports would have a cheap decent bat.

Jan 14, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
If it were me I would ask around at the park that you play at. Check with the parents of kids one or two age levels above your daughter. I'm sure someone has a bat they have outgrown. I've seen some parents with enough bats to open a used bat store.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
Thanks for the help. I went with a Worth Storm 29/16. It feels great and she was able to hit it well tonight. She was swinging a 26/16 and the 3 inches made a huge difference.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd