Base Runner Runs into SS... what's the call/score.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 3, 2010
Suburb of Chicago, IL
How to score?

Base runner on 2nd base no outs. Batter hits ground ball directly to shortstop. Base runner on 2nd collides with SS. Blue calls dead ball, base runner out, but gives batter 1st base.

First off... is this the correct ruling? or should batter have had to go back to the box and finish at bat.

If it is the right ruling... how would you score that in the book? Consensus among those I asked is a Fielders Choice.

Thanks..

btw... no impact on game just wondering the ruling and scoring.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
How to score?

Base runner on 2nd base no outs. Batter hits ground ball directly to shortstop. Base runner on 2nd collides with SS. Blue calls dead ball, base runner out, but gives batter 1st base.

First off... is this the correct ruling? or should batter have had to go back to the box and finish at bat.

If it is the right ruling... how would you score that in the book? Consensus among those I asked is a Fielders Choice.

Thanks..

btw... no impact on game just wondering the ruling and scoring.

Speaking ASA,

It is the correct IF the fielder had not yet fielded the ball. The ruling is correct and the BR is awarded 1B on a FC

Oct 1, 2011
So on this thread a field can be in the runner's path if she's fielding the ball, in the thread I started the defensive player is obstructing the runner and I'm an unethical jerk because the guy on the bases made the wrong call. Interesting. Hey, thanks for clarifying...

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
So on this thread a field can be in the runner's path if she's fielding the ball, in the thread I started the defensive player is obstructing the runner and I'm an unethical jerk because the guy on the bases made the wrong call. Interesting. Hey, thanks for clarifying...

Wow, how about that, you didn't read a damn thing, or just decided to ignore the important parts of the rule so you can attempt to justify your argument. Yeah, jerk works.

And on top of that, you are in the wrong thread!!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA