Baltimore Area Pitching Coach?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 2, 2011
I'm attempting to find a pitching coach for my 11y/o DD. We're in Baltimore County, but I'm willing to travel to surrounding counties for someone who is recommended. I'm looking for someone teaching mechanics conducive to I/R.

I've worked with her for about a year with information from the Building the House video and this forum, but I feel like I've reached my limit as an educator. We've tried going to local clinics but received a lot of recommendations to have her point the ball to second base at the top of her circle and push the ball down from there. :-(

Thank you for any suggestions.

X pitcher

Banned
Apr 5, 2013
Micco Fl.
Ask Joe for his dad's number too, in case Joe is too busy, out pitching games this summer. Go to DC and look up Joe Lewis Abbney. He pitched for Brother's Furniture out of DC in the 70s.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
According to the Washingto FP Hall of Fame;

Louis Abney was inducted in 1994. He is also listed as deceased.

Jun 13, 2009
Ok Heavy, I'll bite. tell us about Joe Hineline. What makes him better than "John Doe" or anyone else?

While I respect the effort that Hal attempts with his list of PC's, the truth is the majority of them on his list (in all states) are probably "Hello Elbow" type PC's. I realize Hal's list is not an "endorsement" of anyone, it's just a list. However, there's a lot of homework that need to be done when figuring out who to pick.

CG

May 2, 2011
Ok Heavy, I'll bite. tell us about Joe Hineline. What makes him better than "John Doe" or anyone else?

CG

Thanks all for the number of responses. It's very appreciated.

I am a little curious about Joe Hineline as well. What is the learning experience like with him? Does he operate out of a local facility? I couldn't find much from google other than some game film, which I do regard as a plus.

Also, Greg99, I tried to reply to your PM, but your PM box is full.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AymeePitcherMom