Awww shucks! Almost!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 19, 2008
13 year old DD pitched in 14U ASA state tournament this weekend. She was working on her 2nd no hitter this season. Opposing team is last at bat, has 2 outs, and batter has 2 strikes. Daughter hits the batter with a change up :rolleyes:. Ugh.....never hit a batter with a change up (pitching coach says the batter will just laugh at you). Well, DD struck out next batter and we won the game.

We'll just have to settle for 3 shut outs and 1 no hitter so far. But, I was really proud of her.

Took 3rd in the tournament :)

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2008
A no hitter is when no batter gets on base. If you hit or walk a batter, then you don't have a no hitter.

Dec 19, 2008
Yes, I realize you can lose a no hitter. But the batter got on base because she was hit by pitch, not an error. I don't believe a hit by pitch is considered an error, so I don't think my daughter threw a no hitter.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I just want you to understand the stat. Because it will help your DD in the future to know the proper terms and reasons why. Regardless of my post, you and your DD should be very proud.

Via the web====A no-hitter (also known as a no-hit game, or colloquially, a "no-no") is a baseball game in which one team has no hits. In Major League Baseball, the team must be without hits during the entire game, and the game must be at least nine innings. A pitcher who prevents the opposing team from achieving a hit is said to have "thrown a no-hitter". Throwing a no-hitter is a rare accomplishment for a pitcher or pitching staff: only 267 have been thrown in Major League Baseball history since 1875.

As it is possible to reach base without a hit (most commonly via a walk or error), a pitcher can throw a no-hitter and still lose the game, although this is extremely uncommon. A game in which a team allows no runners to reach base at all is a perfect game, as well as being a no-hitter and a shutout victory.

You can google " no hitter baseball " to get the long version.

Last edited:

de Groot

Pitcher
May 11, 2010
Nobody hit off your pitcher to get on base successfully
no hitter.
You retired every single batter which is perfect.
perfect game.

Dec 19, 2008
So, would this be correct:

This weekend - No batters allowed on base, except the one she hit with pitch = no hitter?
Earlier this season - No batter allowed on base, period = perfect game?

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Yes sir. Correct. Just friendly advice from another pitcher's dad. :) And look at it this way, your DD's stats just went up.

Good luck this summer.
GD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1