Average yearly cost per family for tb

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 21, 2013
We all know that TB is very costly...but well worth the sacrifice..What is the average total cost per family per year?

I have roughly figured up ours, which for two DD runs around 25K per year.

Team fees, uniform, tourney fees, gate fees, equipment, hotels, camps, lessons (pitching, catching and hitting),gas, wear & tear on autos, food...what else?

Sep 18, 2011
$15-20K seems awfully steep, but then again I haven't done the calculations. Off season we have to drive four hours (one way) to practice, so it adds up (DD stays with her grandparents during the season). And now that we are about to hit the "college camp circuit" in earnest... yikes. I don't even want to know.

May 14, 2010
This is a divorce topic. If I calculated it and my DW saw it, well, let's just say it won't end well for me.

Apr 25, 2010
29dad - Our pitching lessons are $50/.5 hour/week, hitting $65/hour/week, 1 hour each way 2-3x's week for practice, 1 hour each way 2x/week to private lessons, plus team fees, food, travel...

Private lessons alone have us around $6,000/yr.

I'm afraid that if I did more than estimate, if I actually figured it all out, it would be more.

Dec 28, 2011
We just started keeping track, out of curiosity at the beginning of this year. (I think I may enjoy it more, not knowing, but so far it looks to be between $8k and $10k for the year) We do try and be frugal, don't drive a gas guzzler, and travel mostly in-state, but yes, to other cities where 1 night hotel stays are needed. We bring coolers with sandwich fixins, etc. and when we do eat out, water is the ordered drink for us all (family of 4, saves approx. $10 a meal) Luckily, we all enjoy water!
Our monthly team dues are very reasonable, but batting and pitching lessons, and the never-ending equipment purchases are what drives up the costs for us! Worth every penny, as it is our "family" entertainment budget as well!

May 31, 2012
Tournament fees estimate 800-1000 bucks. Coaches and lesson fees 0. Uniforms 200. Gear 200-300. Travel hotel and food estimate 4000. We are gonna play 18-20 tournaments this season almost all in state.

Dec 7, 2011
Ya I got around $9K doing my math here for the first time too.

But I can't quantify the value this family has pulled from this life-choice. (and it is just that...)

Other people buy boats, sports cars, vacation travel. For me I chose the right investment.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors