Auburn CF makes crazy play

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
All outfielders and their parents need to watch that game whenever they wonder why their DD is not playing infield. Auburn's Victoria Draper made the ESPN play of the day with a diving catch that saved two runs, while FSU's F8 made a two base error that was key in Auburn's win.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/NCAASoftball/videos/10153775888729372/[/video]

Jun 12, 2015
I love this play! I showed it to my older DD who plays left field mostly. It seems like most of these awesome, flashy plays are outfield plays. Not that you never see them in the infield of course. Still, lots of really cool plays to watch in the outfield. This weekend mine made a couple of awesome catches out in left. I wish my younger one would get some outfield time; I think she'd be good at it.

Dec 11, 2010
The really spectacular stuff happens in the outfield!!!

Adding- Auburn sure has been fun to watch. The bare hand grab by their 3b was pretty spectacular for infield play too!

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
The really spectacular stuff happens in the outfield!!!

Adding- Auburn sure has been fun to watch. The bare hand grab by their 3b was pretty spectacular for infield play too!

The athleticism was great, but what really impressed me was the situational awareness to know it was the only way to make the play. Many players have the ability to make that type of play, a select few have the smarts and confidence to pull it off.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
The athleticism was great, but what really impressed me was the situational awareness to know it was the only way to make the play. Many players have the ability to make that type of play, a select few have the smarts and confidence to pull it off.

In a well trained outfield one player tries to make the play, while the other outfielder moves to backup the play. How many times have you seen both outfielders run to the fence to both pickup the ball....how much good does that do anyone? Balls in the gap should be a coordinated effort between both outfielders, while balls to the outside of LF and RF need to be played more cautiously since the backup has farther to go.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01