ASA Season

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2014
NJ
Could anyone tell me what the season for ASA and USSSA is?

Can I use my same girls from the spring in Fall tournaments?

Thanks for the help!!

Oct 22, 2009
PA
In general the new season starts after Nationals, and the girls move up as appropriate. I'm guessing based on your moniker that you are from NJ. NJ seems to have an awful lot of teams that keep their spring/summer rosters into the fall, so in essence are "playing down" when everyone else has moved up. There are some tournaments in the fall that will specifically say "2016 rosters" for fall of 2015, meaning you can only use players if they will be on your team age-wise in 2016. Most don't check in the fall unless it is a national qualifier. I've always "played up" in the fall with my roster for the following spring. I think that's how most teams do it.

Mar 21, 2013
As stated generally the ASA season ends after nationals, or they get knocked out of states for districts. Age wise though you can play in the same age group if you wanted until Dec 31st. I am not a big proponent of that though.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
In our area (Texas) even though age wise they are eligible based on dec 31 age, our team could not register for VTD tourneys which I believe are ASA rules based. We have/had 6 04's and 5 05's. Most of the 05's didn't want to play up yet so the team is having to somewhat rebuild.

From what I understand this is new this year. Please correct if I am mistaken.