ASA/PONY rules re: uniform jerseys and logos

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 3, 2009
Do ASA or PONY have rules that prohibit jersey logos from having a "softball" image on them? I believe that Little League has some sort of rule like that so as not to be a distraction to the batter. Am wondering because I'm working on the website and also team logo for DD's brand new U12 team. I'm not coaching, just a parent in this case, and I'm not familiar with ASA or PONY rulesets.

Thanks!

Jun 22, 2008
Reading under the ASA uniform rules I do not see any statement about a ball emblem being prohibited. As for color, uniform can be any color. The only requirement for the pitcher is she may not have anything on the throwing forearm that may be distracting. I have seen several teams including a couple at nationals that had uniforms very similar in color to the ball.

Apr 25, 2010
Funny that this was brought up. I was talking to two umpires this past Sunday, and asked about uniform rules. Turns out, there is no rule prohibiting the uniforms from being the same color as the ball. The only rule is, as Comp stated, that the pitcher cannot have anything distracting on her throwing arm.

Oct 19, 2009
A few years ago we were playing ASA and one of our the pitchers had a yellow sox and a knee pad on her stepping foot and blue blue sox and knee bad on her drive foot (matched the uniforms) and the opposing team complained that they could not pick up the ball because of the yellow sox and knee pad; the ump required her to change sox and knee pad from one foot to the other.

I guess an ump can require a pitcher to make changes if he determines it to be distracting.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
A few years ago we were playing ASA and one of our the pitchers had a yellow sox and a knee pad on her stepping foot and blue blue sox and knee bad on her drive foot (matched the uniforms) and the opposing team complained that they could not pick up the ball because of the yellow sox and knee pad; the ump required her to change sox and knee pad from one foot to the other.

I guess an ump can require a pitcher to make changes if he determines it to be distracting.

Not in the rule book. Any decision on uniforms outside of the realm of the rule book should be that of the TD.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors