Argh. Stinking weather!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 1, 2010
I know we're lucky that the ice and snow finally seems to be gone, but still...

The 4 GG double elimination tournament this weekend has changed to a 3 GG single elimination tournament held tomorrow only (for the 10Us and 14Bs). The sad thing is that if we hadn't been trying to get more a more challenging experience for the girls by playing up rather than in 12B, they would have gotten a full tournament. Only the groups who had pool games at one venue were cancelled today. The other park's fields (where the 12s were) have better drainage and were playable. Darn this stupid weather.

Jul 9, 2012
We played on the other fields, I wouldn't exactly call them playable. But we are getting a full tourney. It was a very sloppy field with standing water in the outfield. But I am not complaining. We got to play for only the second time this spring and we payed well. Hopefully it continues tomorrow.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Of last 5 weekends: 1st two tourneys cancelled due to snow on the ground. Next tourney was played, but temps in the 30s with 40mph wind gusts. Next two tourney had long rain delays and were ended early. Right now, all local fields are flooded, it is pouring outside, (tornado sirens just went off), and 70% chance of rain the next 3-4 days.

This is ridiculous!!!

Jan 17, 2013
Feeling your pain, its been raining since Friday off and on. Stops just long enough to give you hope that it'll turn around and things will dry out.... then comes right back.

Big Dave

Sitting on a bucket
Jan 11, 2013
Oregon
Living in Oregon is like a rollercoaster of weather! The last 2 weeks we've been practicing in rainy 50 degree weather - and yes, we practice rain or shine (14U). This weekend will be 75 and sunny... go figure. I don't mind practicing or playing in the rain too much, but there is only so much outfield practice you can do on the grass. It's tough going into a weekend without doing infield for 2 weeks! Some teams are lucky enough to have an artificial turf field (that's fake grass if you're from California) but not us. We try to keep our sanity by throwing in some diving practice, sliding practice (cleats off in the grass), and of course it's a must to throw in some bat races!! It's amazing sometimes just how much these girls love getting wet and muddy!!