Anyone use Metal Cleats?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
My DD just switched to metal cleats with the 14U ASA rule change and she loves them. Only downside is she has a pair of molded cleats that are barely used that sit in the closet.....

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
My DD just switched to metal cleats with the 14U ASA rule change and she loves them. Only downside is she has a pair of molded cleats that are barely used that sit in the closet.....

DD has donated a couple of pairs of barely used cleats, one to her PC who has low income students and one to our local Little League program.

Apr 30, 2011
Portland, Or

Molded are usable on turf fields, though good tennis shoes might be better, Metal cleats are not useable or advisable on turf.

Jan 11, 2010
I have a DD that pitches with molded most of the time, and only uses metal in very sandy or sloppy conditions. She throws fairly hard and feels that the metal cleats don't allow her to move her foot through the pitch- it stops her short where she plants. At her level she is one of the only ones I have seen that use them but they work great for her. I think it is individual.

Apr 1, 2010
Ditto with GOINGDEEP, DGD used hers for the very first time yesterday, not even having practiced in them. She said in the first game it took a little bit getting used to, but by the end of the game she felt comfortable. She caught the first game, played lf the second game, and 3rd the last game. She said she felt like she had more traction to move laterally and she felt like she was faster (of course with her, that wouldn't take much).:)

So they felt ok when she was in her squat? DD was looking forward to getting a pair of metal cleats, but I heard from a mom on her team that her DD's older sister, who catches, tried on a pair and found them uncomfortable to squat in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild