Anyone here good at critiquing a thrower?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
drills

Besides Austins drills and long toss, DD liked using the Spinright spinner. We threw it at a pretty close distance and used it like we were doing the water bottle drill. It really helped her learn to side arm throw also. Maybe a pitcher you know has one you can borrow. You can sometimes get them used from their clinics without the disk. It's the same weight as a softball and it really helps them see the spin.

moe

Aug 14, 2013
Austin encourages you to do video's periodically and send directly to him as you progress. This service is included when you buy the ebook.

One DD's throw went south quick this fall. We are currently in pain aversion therapy with the throwMAX to get the elbow back up and stop shotputting. Then back to basics relearning to throw with Austin's ebook. I feel for ya. Glitches in throwing are the most noticeable flaw on the field.

Oct 10, 2011
How did the spinner help you with sidearm. Can u elaborate or show video. I always have them pull elbo back at chest level and use elbow as the axis

I don't have a video but basically from 3rd when she fields a ball close to home she'll side arm it to get rid of it fast. She stays low and basically throws like she's skipping a rock. When warming up she'd stand sideways and get low and throw the spinner. It really seemed to help her and she's had a lot of coaches compliment her on it, so if we are doing it wrong...it's working out all right:)

Oct 10, 2011
Austin encourages you to do video's periodically and send directly to him as you progress. This service is included when you buy the ebook.

One DD's throw went south quick this fall. We are currently in pain aversion therapy with the throwMAX to get the elbow back up and stop shotputting. Then back to basics relearning to throw with Austin's ebook. I feel for ya. Glitches in throwing are the most noticeable flaw on the field.
Don't let Austin find out about that!

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Guys buy a hockey puck for 3 bucks. Don't spend 25 on a spinner. Play it again sports

Yeah for throwing the hockey puck is a good substitute. The nice thing about the spinner though is it is the same size and weight as a regulation 12" softball with the "seams" in the right place.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I don't have a video but basically from 3rd when she fields a ball close to home she'll side arm it to get rid of it fast. She stays low and basically throws like she's skipping a rock. When warming up she'd stand sideways and get low and throw the spinner. It really seemed to help her and she's had a lot of coaches compliment her on it, so if we are doing it wrong...it's working out all right:)

Kind of like this?
Rolen_knees.gif

Longoria_2008_HRD_two.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck