Any suggestions for fundraising?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I was just asked by the president of our HS softball booster club to help with fundraising for next year. Anyone have any suggestions? What has worked well? What has flopped?

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
There are plenty of ideas, some require a non profit status.

One that an organization we played with did, was to host a bowling party. We made a deal with a bowling alley for the whole place on a Saturday night after league bowling was done, which was something like 10:00 PM. The deal was we paid them something like $13.00 per person for bowling and shoes. We charged $20 for advance tickets and $25 at the door. Then we scoured the local businesses for donations to raffle off. Some we used as door prizes, which everyone got tickets for as part of buying a ticket. Bigger items we raffled off separetly. We had a 50/50 raffle. The bowling alley liked it because the place was full of people eating and drinking. Everyone has to sell tickets, people would often buy enough to fill up 2 lanes with friends and family. Its not a thing you aim at the kids, you want parents and their friends to come, they buy raffle tickets kids don't. If the girls are old enough they can come to sell the 50/50 tickets.

We filled the place every time we did it, between the entry fee and raffle tickets we cleared $1800-$2000 each time.

Jun 21, 2010
Not HS, but a TB team my DD is on. Kettle corn, Spirit cups, Soda pop, car washes. Another team in our town sold Krispy Kreme donuts and made $1500 for 6 hours of selling. We might try that. My DD's team does alot of fundraising and her fees are just about paid for with out much out of my pocket. We sold Kettle corn in front of a Walmart and did so well with that one they plan on doing it again.

Mar 3, 2010
Suburb of Chicago, IL
We have done "Texas Hold'em Power Tournaments" in conjunction with our local V.F.W. I imagine it will vary depending upon the laws in your town/state, but we usually have a decent turn out of parents as well as V.F.W. regulars participate.

Entry is usually something like $100 per person and the payout is 50% of entry fees in prizes. We also have hourly raffles, etc. which help bring in other money.

The V.F.W. usually hosts these for free. We provide the food and they have a cash bar.

Again... check your local laws to be certain it is legal in your area.

btw... I think it goes without saying that this is a PARENTS ONLY night and no players are present.

Jun 24, 2011
menomonee falls, wi
DD has done a bunch of different fundraising in the last 3 years. Brat fry's, car washes and such are
always fun for the kids, but don't raise a big amount of money. Spirit cups and movie passes are
pretty popular and fairly easy to sell for medium profits.

Personally, I would love to do a golf outing or poker tourny, but her club never did that.

The biggest money maker was charity mania. Without getting into major details, it is run through
a website and takes a little bit of work (activating the cards and writing checks for payouts). It
runs like a football pool, but you can do it almost any time of year with like 4 or 5 different sports.
Not much kid involvement in this one, but big profits.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA