Any good videos on bunting?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 1, 2012
I went to a coaches clinic in Louisiana and they had a coach there teaching "right foot forward" bunting. I had never heard of such a thing but I was there to learn so I gave it a try.

Are you saying bring the right foot forward and square up or bring the right foot forward in front of the left foot (and if so how far)? I think I am seeing it but would like you to clarify the stance a little more for me. We have always taught the pivot but I can see more control in this. Thanks in advance!

Jun 13, 2011
Billerica, MA
I found an easy way to help teach the bunt. I took an old wooden bat and cut down the barrel basically removing half of the barrel lengthwise. Now they can see if they are doingit right because if they don't use the bottom of the bat on the top of the ball it flips over the bat. I used the idea of the Bunt Down bat but made my own. www.buntdownbat.com I saved a couple bucks too. Even girl who never bunted before learn real quick how to do it properly.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Thanks for all the replies.

We worked on bunting in practice last week. Then on Saturday, we put down 12 bunts in 6 games. Eight different players either had a successful sac bunt or beat out a bunt. I think it's like swimming. You just got to jump in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck