analyze dd swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 29, 2012
trying to really work on her swing this year, prior years we concentrated on fielding and throwing.

Her upper half doesn't look to bad, but something seems off about the bottom half. I dont think her knees are bent enough and maybe her feet are not far enough apart.

slow motion swing - YouTube

Mar 14, 2011
Silicon Valley, CA
Yes you are on right track. Standing very tall, legs straight, weight too far back, very "dead" stride onto flat foot.

Try to change that to balanced weight, back knee inside back foot, stronger stride onto big toe.

Mar 29, 2012
Yes you are on right track. Standing very tall, legs straight, weight too far back, very "dead" stride onto flat foot.

Try to change that to balanced weight, back knee inside back foot, stronger stride onto big toe.

Thanks, going out to buy a tee today to work off it and get some more video.

Funny thing is she is using a new stance she learned at a clinic last weekend and I think it is hurting her. Her old stance her knees were bent more and she stood more centered. The clinic taught her to "pre-load" and start with her weight shifted back.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
read this first: Immortal1 - Megan 1-Tee and dukie - Thoughts on Daughter's Swing Also see Straightlegs video on stance and elvis move.These may help.

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
Here is what I would consider. Go to the Model Swings link. Find a swing that looks nice and balanced good and normal.

Try to emulate that swing at least from set up to the load. It would at least give you a baseline to work from.

Look at things like set-up as an example: (look how high your daughters hands are. higher than nearly any college player and yet she is just a child) and make adjustments.

Start there and get a nice foundation.

Forget the clinic if it makes no sense. Anyone can hold a clinic.

Feb 14, 2010
She has severe bat drag due to ineffective lower half. Really focus on the lower half before you move onto anything else. All kinds of info out there in regards to the lower half. You have the Elvis move,the move and coiling forward. Try them all and make a decision on which one you will be able to teach to your DD the best. IMO you really need to get her lower half figured out first

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meeks