All-Star Paige Halstead gear

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
We received the new All-Star gear designed by Paige Halstead. I'm going to have my daughter review it and compare it to her Jen Schro gear. Personally, I like All-Star better than Easton, but we'll let you decide. Screenshot_20230926_095455_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230926_091138_Instagram.jpg

Jul 11, 2023
Interesting. Looks like they have multiple attachment points on the chest protector now. Curious if they stuck with the AFX style harness. The floating waist strap was problematic for our DD. It worked but would slip out too easily making it an absolute chore to get on quickly.

Edit: Looks like it is a different chest harness from the AFX from what I can see on Paige's instagram.

I wonder if the middle leg guard straps are compatible with the AFX gear. They look a little thicker and perhaps more comfortable as a result. Top and bottom look the same.

Why not wear white shoes to complete the look? lol

Last edited:

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Interesting. Looks like they have multiple attachment points on the chest protector now. Curious if they stuck with the AFX style harness. The floating waist strap was problematic for our DD. It worked but would slip out too easily making it an absolute chore to get on quickly.

Edit: Looks like it is a different chest harness from the AFX from what I can see on Paige's instagram.

I wonder if the middle leg guard straps are compatible with the AFX gear. They look a little thicker and perhaps more comfortable as a result. Top and bottom look the same.

Why not wear white shoes to complete the look? lol
They have better views on their site. The harness is completely different from the AFx chest protector. It looks like the straps are thicker all around.

Mar 1, 2018
Central Indiana
My daughter got this gear previously, mainly for the shin guards. She went back to using her Easton chest guard and helmet. Liked the shorter chest guard and for the mask the bar for the eye area is a little lower, so she didn't like that. Loves the shin guards as they have extra set of guards at the top of the leg.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
I'm interested.. DD will be using All Star catching gear in college next year, so I've been looking at their stuff for a while, the MVP pro helmet is IMO the best of the best. For the past 6 years she's played with Wilson / Evoshield which has been awesome.

I like it

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
What was your daughter’s opinion? Did she also happen to try the Paige halstead mitt as well?
She did not use the mitt; I got her a custom HOH earlier this year. She likes the gear a lot. She said the shins were very comfortable and liked the helmet. She is still getting used to the chest protector, but she said it is comfortable.

Jul 4, 2020
How does the new PHX set compare to the old AFX set? Is it worth the extra $150? Locally they only have AFX sets in stock.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
How does the new PHX set compare to the old AFX set? Is it worth the extra $150? Locally they only have AFX sets in stock.
It's definitely built a little better with thicker straps on both the chest protector and shin guards. Is it worth the extra money? That's up to you. My daughter said she likes it a lot better than her Jen Schro gear she had previously.

May 18, 2022
Can you get chest protectors? My daughter is complaining about hers being too big now (never complained last year, and she's taller now 🙄 )

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad