Advice...how does your DD deal with temporary rubbers/anchors??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 10, 2010
My DD is an 14U Freshman pitching in primarily 18U. She is left-handed and has always had to deal with the "drag track" usually being different and various other issues with the pitching rubber but I what I want to know is...How many of your DD's out there pitching have to deal with temporary pitching rubbers or the anchors for them at 40ft and previously 35ft. She has always had to deal with this and doesn't make excuses but I am worried about the possibility of injury, etc.

Jun 14, 2011
Field of Dreams
I don't know the answer to this question but am also curious as to others experience- my DD is also lefty and has had trouble at certain fields where right drag track is well worn and creates real disadvantage for her. I tell her to ask the coach to help fix it and then suck it up as long as she can land solidly. More worrisome however is the pitching plate that is located where she may land with her stride foot- I have told her not to let this go- but to immediately call attention to it as it creates a real safety issue for her.