ACE Coaching Certification

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 8, 2013
New to the select coaching world and have been reading alot about this program. Was just curious as to if it was necessary to be a coach? And the pros and cons to it.

Thanks

Feb 24, 2012
It is required for ASA Qualifiers and ASA Nationals. I believe it is supposed to be required for all ASA tournaments, but locally they only check at qualifiers and the checked at ASA/USA Nationals last year

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
All coaches have to be ACE certified to be in the dugout during an ASA tournament. Certification basically requires going online, registering, passing a background check, watching a video and answering some questions based on the videos. Whole process takes @ 30-40 minutes.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
The only negative and it's just the money thing. ASA won't honor the NFHS back ground checks , which is done in our state by the FBI same as your teaching certificate. Plus we have to have First Aid/CPR and pass the test on line for our sport. You would think they would honor each others back ground checks.

Feb 8, 2009
In our area (central Illinois), background checks are required in state tournaments , but are not required in points tournaments. The ace tests are OK. I m not sure what you learn that didnt occur to you already. I dont understand why they dont honor the other background checks.

Big Dave

Sitting on a bucket
Jan 11, 2013
Oregon
I think most coaches can probably pass the ACE test without watching the videos. That being said, I think there are plenty of coaches that still get some of the questions wrong when they watched the video!! :p I never really get anything out of it, but it's required by ASA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes