2018 Easton Ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 15, 2017
You are not alone in your experience, I've heard it quite a bit away from this site. :p
There's a reason a significant amount of college teams have switched. And Easton is not know for marketing skills in the fastpitch softball world

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jul 5, 2016
So just got back from the field.. I know this will make me unpopular, but I'm not that impressed. I am not wowed by the ASA Ghost. For one thing, vibrations are not great. My DD was saying it was harder on her hands than the CF9 she owns. I don't know if this thing gets hotter with use, but our Xeno 2015 currently has more pop than the Ghost. I don't know, I may of just blown $300. Strange that I am the only reporting this experience. Don't get me wrong, the pop was good, but not the best I've ever seen. I took a couple of swings with it as well, I was not overly impressed.
I report what I've seen. In my experience both versions of the ghost have outperformed the Wilson family line. This isnt just wow that thing sounded good our wow that bat hit a ton. What I've seen is consistent 4-9mph higher exit speeds on average over what the girls were swinging before. I've had one girl complain a little about vibration her bats were regripped with what she uses on her old bat as well havent had any other issues. I can't say they are going to be hotter than any bat out there but I'd say it probably stomps the majority. Keep that xeno that thing must hit smoke and thanks for the honest opinion.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ez_softball

Life at the diamond...
Apr 14, 2017
I report what I've seen. ... consistent 4-9mph higher exit speeds ... Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

LOL Do you know what 4-9mph means to hitting distances? IIRC 9mph equates to around an extra 40-50ft of distance on a squarely hit ball at similar trajectory. That means a kid who can barely hit "texas leaguer" is now hitting OTF homeruns because of just changing their bat. I seriously doubt you are seeing that kind of difference given controlled variables. I've measured more than my fair share of ball exit speeds and you'll see larger variation when you change variables such as bat weight and length. With controlled variables in bat weight and length the typical variations are under 5mph often 1-3mph which will give an extra 5-15ft.

IME the biggest difference in these bats is not exit speeds but rather larger/smaller sweet spots, less or more vibration, more or less whip etc.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2016
I
LOL Do you know what 4-9mph means to hitting distances? IIRC 9mph equates to around an extra 40-50ft of distance on a squarely hit ball at similar trajectory. That means a kid who can barely hit "texas leaguer" is now hitting OTF homeruns because of just changing their bat. I seriously doubt you are seeing that kind of difference given controlled variables. I've measured more than my fair share of ball exit speeds and you'll see larger variation when you change variables such as bat weight and length. With controlled variables in bat weight and length the typical variations are under 5mph often 1-3mph which will give an extra 5-15ft.

IME the biggest difference in these bats is not exit speeds but rather larger/smaller sweet spots, less or more vibration, more or less whip etc.
I sure do anything else

Jul 5, 2016

That's a 5 swing rotation off the tee for 50 cuts measured with a Stryker 2 gun and then 5 swing rotation front toss for 50 cuts measured on a couple devices. Primary data comes from a 31/-10 asa ghost a cfx and a lxt with some 40 different other bats being measured. Now that's raw data I could go back and eliminate the outliers on both ends of the spectrum and get more precise. But im good with my data thanks for your concern

Last edited:

ez_softball

Life at the diamond...
Apr 14, 2017
That's great... if you are getting 9mph variation with truly controlled variables the Ghost is the Holy Grail of softball bats. Totally believe you may have gotten 9mph variation but some other variable wasn't controlled to get the result. It is what it is, IMO 9mph is too much of a variation to be just the bat.

Jun 19, 2012
That's great... if you are getting 9mph variation with truly controlled variables the Ghost is the Holy Grail of softball bats. Totally believe you may have gotten 9mph variation but some other variable wasn't controlled to get the result. It is what it is, IMO 9mph is too much of a variation to be just the bat.

Just curious if you have the data to disprove what he is saying or is it just from your vast knowledge?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Honestly ez...if you are so against the Ghost...why post in here. Easy to tell, not one good thing is said by you.

Every bat isnt for every player..Im ok with that or someone doesnt like it or doesnt get same results as other. But geez dude,
same type posts every time you post about bats. Even when commenting on a completely diff bat, you somehow bring it
around to a Ghost insult...haha.

When you were little, did some guy foul a ball off with an Easton and hurt your dog? :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom